A Horrible Year with Cats and it's Only April!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remembered something from when Sweet Gum went into heat. She wasn't interested in any of the 10 or so toms who turned up, but they enjoyed fighting in the bushes at night. She was in small voice heat, no screaming for 4 days. She went out of heat. But the boys stayed. Then, unexpectedly to us, but not the boys, she went back into heat after two days and stayed in it for another 6 days. When she went out of heat that time most of the boys moved on, but a few stayed around for another week, just in case, I guess.

Boys are hopeful sorts. Sweet Gum was fixed shortly afterward, but a few of the boys drift by to this day.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've read stories where cats were found years later! Through shelters, rescues, and once even a truck driver found, picked up, and returned her home after a long time. It happens. Can't hurt to keep up with flyers here and there. Leave online presence and check in with shelters and rescues periodically. Most shelters can adopt out a cat after so many days of being there without the owner come looking though. Just a heads up.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been wondering about you and the two missing cats. Jcatbird (who posted on your thread) trapped her cat Thrasher who was very nearby and got her back home. It was a very happy reunion. Thrasher was taken to the vet where it was discovered she lost 5 pounds. She also temporarily lost her voice.

I just thought I share this news to encourage you. Hang in there and don't lose hope.🙂

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been wondering about you and the two missing cats. Jcatbird (who posted on your thread) trapped her cat Thrasher who was very nearby and got her back home. It was a very happy reunion. Thrasher was taken to the vet where it was discovered she lost 5 pounds. She also temporarily lost her voice.

I just thought I share this news to encourage you. Hang in there and don't lose hope.🙂
I had read where she was reunited with Thrasher and I am so happy for the both of them.
Five pounds?!- that is a lot for a little cat!
But I have no doubt that Thrasher will be back to her healthy self now that she is with the person who loves her and never gave up on her. She'll find her voice again. :)

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read stories where cats were found years later! Through shelters, rescues, and once even a truck driver found, picked up, and returned her home after a long time. It happens. Can't hurt to keep up with flyers here and there. Leave online presence and check in with shelters and rescues periodically. Most shelters can adopt out a cat after so many days of being there without the owner come looking though. Just a heads up.

Thank you very much for the encouraging words. I just hope both of them are okay.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay my neighbor just hotly informed me that there is a strong odor of decomposition coming from under my front porch. I blew her off until I stepped on my porch and got a whiff of it. I will be going under my porch tomorrow. I am sick to my stomach right now.

Last edited:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Okay my neighbor just hotly informed that there is a strong odor of decomposition coming from under my front porch. I blew her off until I stepped on my porch and get a whiff of it. I will be going under my porch tomorrow. I am sick to my stomach right now.
I am praying. If the worst has happened know that you are not alone in this. Hang in there. 😐

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose . Right now the thought of them getting injured in a fight and then dragging themselves back to die under the porch is more than I can bear.
As a cat feeder, I have seen it all. It can be very heartbreaking, but it has toughened me up some. Go with a friend for moral support. It may not be your cats, it could very well be a deceased raccoon or opposum. I found a few of them over the years and going under a porch to die is not that uncommon.

I will say a few more prayers. I have been in the same position, quite a number of times. I know it is very stressful. Please hang in there. 🙂

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
As a cat feeder, I have seen it all. It can be very heartbreaking, but it has toughened me up some. Go with a friend for moral support. It may not be your cats, it could very well be a deceased raccoon or opposum. I found a few of them over the years and going under a porch to die is not that uncommon.

I will say a few more prayers. I have been in the same position, quite a number of times. I know it is very stressful. Please hang in there. 🙂
I will. I am very sensitive and I tried so hard with these two guys, I trapped them over at Hoods so they would not end up dying in a fight. It happened anyway. I doubt I will trap anymore.

Thank you my friend.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I will. I am very sensitive and I tried so hard with these two guys, I trapped them over at Hoods so they would not end up dying in a fight. It happened anyway. I doubt I will trap anymore.

Thank you my friend.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. This is very hard, but know that you did your best for them. Tomorrow you will know for sure. I wish you some peace during this difficult time. So sorry you have to go through this. Know you are not alone. ❤

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
It has been quite a few weeks since you last posted about the two missing male cats? How has things been going? Please post an update when able. I have been thinking about you and the missing kitties today.🙂