A Home Found But A Ride Needed: Ga To Nc

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer:Hello from California! Here is the situation:
~》Tift County shelter is full again. A home has been found in NC for two GA kitties in foster. Once those 2 kitties can find transportation to NC, the foster can pull 2 from the shelter. Time is of the essence as usual. :cold::help: Any suggestions???

Nccatwoman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:sigh: Not much encouragement today. It seems the rescue groups in the SE are so overwhelmed. 52 were shipped to MI already, so people are trying. But the Tift County shelter is so maxed out. This little guy has $250 in pledges but no rescue available :(
I would take him in a heart beat if the fee could be waived and he could be sent with the other two I am getting from ga

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Not tagging), I'm not in that area but I hope these guys get help.
I can't even look at pet finder when it comes to kitties, I am depressed for days. :(
:alright: I totally understand. But just the prayers, vibes and well-wishes combine to influence amazing miracles & exciting connections. Visiting TCS restores my faith! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: I totally understand. But just the prayers, vibes and well-wishes combine to influence amazing miracles & exciting connections. Visiting TCS restores my faith! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
:clap::rock:
I guess it's upsetting to me because we see litters of kittens that get ignored because of the volume. We tell ourselves "we can't save the world but we can make our corner of the world a better place" but it gets overwhelming.
:grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone can please share this FB post, it will be greatly appreciated. Funding for the transport is desperately needed. :hangin:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:sigh: Not much encouragement today. It seems the rescue groups in the SE are so overwhelmed. 52 were shipped to MI already, so people are trying. But the Tift County shelter is so maxed out. This little guy has $250 in pledges but no rescue available :(
Suggest two things, catsknowme catsknowme (just reading this now, Friday afternoon): Best Friends Animal Society has a chapter in Atlanta. Suggest you contact them. Also, you are on facebook, right? Use their search engine, or just use google or bing, and input something like "Pet Transporters in (the area you want to look in)." Try these (no idea their areas served or whether or not they are still good. These are from lists I compiled over the years): Rescue Angels on Wheels, Rescue Road Trips, Road Dog Transport, Rescue Rides, Transport For Shelter Pets, Imagine Home, Sharon Lawrence on facebook had Transport List, Melanie Neer, ditto, Nancy Ayles, ditto, Freedom Train Transport (dot com), All Aboard Pet Express, Jeremy Parks "arranges rescues all over", Hope Transport/Dorothy Hall, Paws Atlanta (dot org), Allpetsroadtrip(at)hotmail(dot com), Joy Clemens (my notes say she works PA and also GA), P.E.T.S., Operation Roger/Truckers Pet Transport, Rescue Road Warriors, AHeinz57 Pet Rescue & Transport, Animal Rescue and Transport Network, Animal Transport Resources, Animal Transporters-Nationwide, Dog Runner Pet Transport, Heart's Hope Truckers Pet Rescue, Loving Friends Transport, Mobile Mutts Rescue Transport, PetEx Rescue N Transport, PETS LL-C, Linda Rusch, Bianca Crespi-long distance. Again, I can't verify any of these as still operating, or make any recommendations for any of them. They are from facebook search lists I've compiled over the last 10 years or so. *GOOD LUCK!*

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
catsknowme catsknowme So what I'm seeing is the cats are in Adel GA. That's about 17 hours round trip for me and depending on where they are going in NC could wind up being about 24 hours...possibly. That's a haul but.....If it means saving a couple of kitties! Sorry I'm just now seeing this, I need some info. Ideally a relay would be nice if possible.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone can please share this FB post, it will be greatly appreciated. Funding for the transport is desperately needed. :hangin:
In case people don't know, if you have a facebook account, just click on the blue "f" on the top right corner of the pic, which will take you to this post on fb, and then hit "share" below the pic.