A Happy Ending

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wasn’t sure if I should put this in the SOS forum, but since it’s no longer a problem I put it here.

Anyway, Maxine disappeared about three weeks ago. Max is strictly an indoor cat, but somehow she managed to get out. I was so convinced she hadn’t that I even checked the stove and dishwasher. But, alas, it became apparent she had

I did all the usual things – put up posters, offered a reward, filed lost cat reports with 3 separate humane shelters, walked the neighborhood daily, drove about a 25 mile radius daily (following up on leads), posted on the local cat forums, craigslist, etc. You get the picture. Max was microchiped, but didn’t have a collar. And, she was spayed and had all her shots.

I live in a park-like setting that includes all sorts of wildlife, including a large feral cat colony which I checked frequently, but never saw Max. The local humane society, as well as the resident hawks and owls, keep the population somewhat in check, but the neighbors also keep them well fed. I mention this because there was a feral male that used to come around the house and “flirt” with Max. My suspicion was that Max ran off with him.

To make a long story short(er), Max showed up Saturday with her boyfriend, not 50 feet from my house. I now suspect that, in spite of my and my neighbor’s futile efforts to spot her, she was probably in the neighborhood the whole time. She is in great shape – filthy, but no bugs, no injuries, and no weight loss. She goes to the groomer for a bath on Monday, and to the vet for a checkup Tuesday. She seems very glad to be home, though I’m now far more careful when opening the door.

In all honesty, after the first week I had resigned myself to the fact that I would probably never see her again. DON’T GIVE UP HOPE!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so awesome. She's such a pretty colored cat. What happened to her boyfriend? Does he still come around looking for her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's so awesome. She's such a pretty colored cat. What happened to her boyfriend? Does he still come around looking for her?
Max only came back 2 days ago but, yes, he came by last night. He doesn't howl, just scratches at the window. Max went to the window, turned around, and went under the bed where she likes to chill. I guess the romance is over. Too bad. He's kind of a handsom rascal.