A hairball medicine my picky twerp will eat?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried chicken, malt & salmon flavors. I still have to pry his mouth open and smear it on his tongue! I would love one he would willingly eat! Does anyone have any idea? He is a crazy picky eater about his wet food & prefers tuna over salmon.

Cat tax of Jackie the picky eater…. but adorable cuddle bug;

A5A695B3-F621-44F8-9578-DF01C1C188BA.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I smear it on their front leg and they lick it off. It has to be really smeared in or they will shake it off, all over everything!
Most cat hairball recipes are petroleum jelly. any kind of oil would do that is safe for cats. Work up to putting about a teaspoon of good quality olive oil (or oil of your choice) in their food.
I have found the easiest way to get rid of hairballs is to get hairball treatment 'Treats' on Amazon. my cats all love treats!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hairball buster: https://www.renspets.com/products/f...fmnq7SW-0kAHhrUrvGSQqwuYXyTzNSlxoC_QUQAvD_BwE

Pure Bites Squeezables Digestion formula

I helped my sister pick this food out. They use both wet and dry and it's helped significantly. Purina Pro Plan hairball control. Her cat, Beans, is long hair.
Purina Pro Plan Hairball Control Adult Wet Cat Food - Ocean Whitefish & Tuna | cat Wet Food | PetSmart

For myself, I use a combination of brushes. A fine one like this: Whisker City® Slicker Cat Brush | cat Brushes, Combs & Blowdryers | PetSmart
a silicone glove one and a horse deshedder: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00LHHHRJC/?tag=

the combination of the 3 brushes, I use different ones on different days and they each take hair off. Since I do it daily, I just do what they enjoy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would butter work? My boy loves butter when I give him a tiny lick & he just willing ate 1/2 a teaspoon of butter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
& yes it is real butter. Normally he rarely gets a lick or two.