A good way to waste some time

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As most of you know, I'm a hotrodder.  I have a 1923 Model T Touring Car hotrod.  And hotrodders tend to be an ... interesting... bunch.  Very individual, and most have a very real respect for the past.

Well, one of the most popular hot rodding sites on the internet is the H.A.M.B.  We won't mention here what that stands for, because it does have one word in that might offend the sensitive.  But the biggest, longest-running thread on that site is a collection of old photographs.  I don't care where you're from, if you look through the photos, you'll eventually find at least one from your home town.  The photos run from the early 1900's to about the 1970's, and since that site cuts off its years of interest at about 1972, that makes sense.

Take a look, when you have some time to waste.  I guarantee you'll be entertained!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428585

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
There are some amazing shots in there... really enjoyable to look through...

However there were absolutely none from my home town..

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 What kind of car is the fourth one down?  The stainless steel one.  I know it is custom made, but from what?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That car is one of the "concept cars" built by GM, Ford, or Chrysler.  Not sure which. 

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are some amazing shots in there... really enjoyable to look through...

However there were absolutely none from my home town..
Are you sure?  There are plenty of pictures in there from Australia, Europe, etc.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow that's a long thread!! Some wonderful photos in there, not just of the cars but snapshots of the time period too.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While their concentration is cars, you will see a lot of other photos, such as advertisements, parties, outings, family travel, etc.