A flea question

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a question for anyone who can help….my poor cats are infested with the fleas. I’ve been combing them twice a day. Some days on some cats I can get 3-4 but then the next time around I can get 8-9…anyway there’s one poor cat that had scabs around her neck and she was hiding (still is) but I was able to comb her a few times and I saw where the scabs were are actually flea bites, I see little red marks. I would take her to the vet but it’s impossible to get her in a carrier, I’ve already been clawed by a different cat twice and was put on antibiotic so I’m afraid to attemp getting her in the carrier. My question is, is there anything I could put on the bites to help her and to heal them? Something that I don’t need a prescription for?
By the way, any body who has cats with fleas, do they tend to try and not stay on the floors? My cats jump from table tops or whatever they can to stay off the floor….guess they figure that’s where the fleas are…lol

thanks in advance

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Advantage II - nonprescription - might work in your area. Treat all the cats. Also, vacuum all areas of your home, and clean on high heat all their bedding/towels/blankets - repeatedly. Sprays like Precor 2000 for the carpets will also make a difference - follow the directions.

The bites on your one cat are probably associated with an allergy to fleas. The only way to resolve that is to get rid of the fleas. You could try an antihistamine, but I would not recommend doing so without a vet approval.

Yes, Feeby would seek out places off the floor - tables tops, etc. to get away from the fleas.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner is more experienced with treatments for this than I am, but you might try some store bought chamomile tea (not garden grown) for around her neck. Brew some, cool it and apply. It's anti fungal, anti bacterial, will ease discomfort and is safe if she licks it.