linkfarm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Great job.

I love that little tortoiseshell girl posing with the teddy. How could anyone resist?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Great job.

I love that little tortoiseshell girl posing with the teddy. How could anyone resist?
   They are all so adorable.  I hope they all find loving homes really quickly.  Just as well they usually choose us humans as it would be way to hard to choose any out of this little crew (well besides those cheeky blue boys for me but if they chose someone else I wouldn't be heartbroken as I'd want to bring all of them home.  Yip, that tortie looks very special.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

+1 on the Tortie. She's beautiful. I think  you'd call that marking "Torbby" though, right? 
I can never work out which is a Torbie, which is a Tortie and which is a Calico, especially with the "dilutes" thrown in to complicate the mix. 

In Japan they are all called "Mikeneko". I like the simplicity of that.

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calico cats have all 4 colors (white, red, grey, and black) but a majority of the cat is white with multicolored "patches".

Tortoise-shell or "Tortie" is the former 4 colors all mish-mashed together. No particular rhyme or reason.

"Torby" isn't really a recognized coloring as far as I know. But the little girl in yhe picture is Torby b/c she's not Calico, has all 4 colors, but it's not random. She has tabby stripes.

It's also worth noting that the vast majority of these 4 colored cats are female. I think it's like a 95% chance that a cat of these colors will be female.

Males in these colorings do exist, but it's rare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

linkfarm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My wife is fostering the 'Torby' and the one above at the moment. I have just been up and peeped in the cathouse window and they are both on their little chair looking at me waiting for some warm food.

Stormy last night with hail showers and 8 degrees centigrade this morning. Going for another storm tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

linkfarm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well we had a successful week. We found good homes for all our kittens at the refuge and foster homes (14), except for the two Torby boys we are fostering. They will not be ready to go for a while. So the refuge now has only three adult cats left. Julie (her refuge) thought she had taken in too many kittens, and she would have to start saying no (she can't) when people turned up with unwanted kittens. However all's well that ends well.

One of our adult cats left in refuge. She is Polydactyl. Had some people interested but she wasn't interested in them! Have to wait till she finds someone she likes. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One of our adult cats left in refuge. She is Polydactyl. Had some people interested but she wasn't interested in them! Have to wait till she finds someone she likes. 
She looks like quite a character!

Great news on all the other successful adoptions.