A drunk threw a flowerpot at Feykirófa - and broke my living room window!!!

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was about 1.30 AM last night, I was asleep, but my s/o was waching tv in the living room.
We live on ground floor, and the living room and bedroom face the garden and Pollýanna and Feykirófa use the living room window as their "door". Its not unusual to have Feykirófa come running in the window like there is a ghost monster biting her tail, without anything there, but this time she came running in through the window and at the next second there was a clay flowerpot in the living room window!!!!

Forunately only the outer glass of the double window broke, otherwise the living room would have been a HUGE mess, as the window is bit, but the outher layer got smashed and there were glass piles all over outside, and the pot was in pieces as well, and not just by the window, it had bounced back a long distance.
The flowerpot was on the porch close to the house, so the man had to come close to pick it up.

I woke up as the glass broke and my s/o yelling at the drunk what the ****
he was doing. The drunk ran off and a neigbour saw another one who also ran off, so there were two.

The police came and took a report and we have reported this to the insurance company, but nothing will be done untill monday or tuesday, as they have to come on monday and messure the window and then it has to be cut the right size before it can be changed.

I am so mad..............both for an adult to throw a flowerpot at someones home and brake a window, and for someone to be chasing my kitty and beeing so mean...

Needless to say, I was in shock half the night.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! I`m sure that was really scary!
I`d be mad too.
Hopefuly you can get the window fixed and the insur to pay %100.
I pray these drunks were just passing through,did`nt even know where they were, and are not neighbors with some agenda.
Have the police been able to catch up with and identify them yet?
Linda

caitlin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
People are real jerks. Thats one of the reasons our cat is indoors. I'm scared of what people will do.

Sorry you had that experience. I hope the window gets fixed soon, and the creep at least has to pay a fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

Oh my! I`m sure that was really scary!
I`d be mad too.
Hopefuly you can get the window fixed and the insur to pay %100.
I pray these drunks were just passing through,did`nt even know where they were, and are not neighbors with some agenda.
Have the police been able to catch up with and identify them yet?
Linda
We will probable have to pay some part of this ourselves, I think there is normally some amount, and then the insurance will pay the cost after that.

The police will propabley not be able to catch the drunk, as my s/o hardly saw him as it was so dark outside and bright inside.

I really hope too that this was some coincidental thing, that the drunk didnt realize where he was, but not someone that has some issues....that would be very scary!

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How traumatic! I'm so glad the inside glass didn't break. It could have been so much worse.

I don't know what kind of brain malfuction people who purposely try to hurt animals have, but they should be locked up until it's figured out and fixed. My friend said he knew someone who would swerve to hit animals on the side of the road.

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I were the judge I' chain him to a wall, while he's still hung over, and let people stand in line to throw clay flower pots at him!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Thankfully the inside window was OK. People who abuse animals should have to be subjected to the same abuse.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How stupid some people are when they drink too much. Glad to read no one was harmed and that the whole window didn't break.
Do you have a curtain or window shade on that window??

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purr

...I don't know what kind of brain malfuction people who purposely try to hurt animals have, but they should be locked up until it's figured out and fixed...
Amen, sister! Cruelty to animals indicates an utter lack of human decency, and should carry with it not just fines and jail time, but also mandatory psychiatric evaluation.

I've read that most serial killers started out torturing animals when they were children.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Do you have a curtain or window shade on that window??
We have wooden blinds for that window, but hardly ever have them down, as there is just the quiet garden outside and rarely people passing (there is no fence and gravel path between the garden and the back garden of the houses that belong to the next street over.) and also if we putt the blinds down, the girls would sit "inside" the blinds, looking out the window and things on the window sill would fall

If the glass would have broken all the way, it would have helped to have the blinds down, but it wasn´t.

My I am so glad it didn´t brake all the way.
This incident has shaken my sense of my home secutiry.....I really love living here, its an old cozy neigbourhood, one of the oldest part of ReykjavÃ:censor:k, the capital, and therefore, close to downtown, but still far enough that we have never had any problems from people partying downtown or drunk people.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jdpesz

If I were the judge I' chain him to a wall, while he's still hung over, and let people stand in line to throw clay flower pots at him!
I also find this a good idea! Too bad that the jerk walks away from this without even a fine, since noone knows who this was and we will never find out.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sesselja, how horrible!

It's such a shame that there have to be people like this!
I'm just so pleased that things weren't worse!

I hope your window gets really soon and the guy who did this realises what a horrible guy he is!! (and has the hangover from hell!)

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people really are just cruel idiots. Being drunk isn't an excuse
I'd be so mad - if it were me I'd have thrown the flower pot back at them (I've got a mean aim, so the chances of them going to sleep really quickly would have been high)

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After thinking about this more, I realized another scary thing......what what was that jerk doing in my garden??? Had he been chasing Feykirófa for long?
Did he come into the garden for some other purpose? (Maybe "just" too pee, wich is bad enough)
The flowerpot was on the porch, so he was allmost at the window when he picked that up....
I find it scary when people come too close to my house, I even find it uncomfortable when people who live in the house are on the porch (wich is supposed to be specially for the ground floor, since we donk have balcony), or when kids sometimes come all the way to the window to talk to the kittys, allthough I know its allright.