A double loss

shastdee

Sweetie
Kitten
Purraise
My best friend and she always asked me to take care of cat, Cindy if she died. I never really replied. Then it happened and before she died I told her I would take care of Cindy.
I hadn't thought it all through and I discovered my cat Sweetie wouldn't tolerate her. I hadn't thought about how timid Sweetie is.
I know I've had Cindy for at least a month. It's a double loss because I couldn't fulfill my promise to my best friend. Even though it was a struggle having Cindy in the house I'll miss her.
The lady that's adopting Cindy also fosters cats, but she'll keep Cindy. I had to be assured of that.
I'll give her my number if she has any questions.
I asked my pastor if it was appropriate to pray for Cindy to be happy or content in this next journey in her.
Thanks for listening.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
That's a tough situation. I've promised my elderly mom that I will take her kitty if the time comes. Her cat Loki is quite skittish and a loner and I'm not at all sure he'll will get along with the two cats I already have. If he doesn't, I'll make sure I find him a good permanent home. We do the best we can.

It sounds like you've found a really good place for Cindy and she'll be well cared for, and that's the main thing. Your friend would be happy to know you did what was in Cindy's best interests. :hugs:

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My best friend and she always asked me to take care of cat, Cindy if she died. I never really replied. Then it happened and before she died I told her I would take care of Cindy.
I hadn't thought it all through and I discovered my cat Sweetie wouldn't tolerate her. I hadn't thought about how timid Sweetie is.
I know I've had Cindy for at least a month. It's a double loss because I couldn't fulfill my promise to my best friend. Even though it was a struggle having Cindy in the house I'll miss her.
The lady that's adopting Cindy also fosters cats, but she'll keep Cindy. I had to be assured of that.
I asked my pastor if it was appropriate to pray for Cindy to be happy or content in this next journey in her.
Thanks for listening.
Prayers are between you and God and Cindy is one of His Creatures. You don’t need permission from anyone else.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for listening.
So sad to hear!

You were a best friend - you did the best you could for all concerned under the circumstances.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No one would want to be in your shoes but most of us have probably been in a similar situation. Not a cat but the neighbors we are closest to asked if they could put us in their will to care for their dog should they pass away since they are older. You have to take into consideration the household dynamics for Sweetie as well as yourself. Sending hugs. 🤗