A Delightful Story

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend got a text from her mother - "Look I I found as I was pulling into the driveway." Mom thought it was a rock, fortunately stopped because it was a little black and white kitten, young enough to still have blue eyes. Picked up, and it started with the most adorable little rumbling purrs. Friend went over with her daughter. They started looking for more kittens. Daughter went scrambling into a bush. Found one little black kitten, went back and found a second one also black with a little white fur.

The kittens were bottle fed but are now eating well, both wet and dry food. And using a litter pan too. Good homes have been found for when they are old enough.

My friend and her mother are trying to find the mother cat so she can be spayed. With eyes still blue the kittens are what, about a month old? They are so tame that in my opinion they were dumped. What do you think?

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy they were rescued and well taken care of! Thanks for such a heartwarming story. If there is a mother, hopefully she will be found soon. Since they do seem quite tame and comfortable with humans it could be possible that they were dumped, or someone nearby was helping and engaging with them via food and water.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blessings to everyone who rescued and will adopt them!

My late Hadji was barely a month old and from a colony of alley cats when my mother rescued him, and he was tame from the beginning, so these kittens could be feral if they’re young enough not to have been taught to fear humans by their mother. The vet will probably be able to tell.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the happy ending. The two girl kittens were adopted together by a family friend with children. So they went to a good home where they will be loved. And the little boy kitten is staying with the woman who found the kittens. She kept say "just for another week or two . . . " But he now has a name, is friends with her adult cat, and the two dogs are used to cats. So all is well.