a day in the life of Bendy Kitty

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a very busy kitty, fortunately I only have one human to take care of, her name is mom. We don't have room for more humans here with all us cats! Good thing she agrees with me, but as humans go she is pretty smart.

I make sure to give her lots of belly waves and smiles when she is getting dressed, and headbutt her hand when she is brushing her teeth. but those are easy things.

She leaves, and I get busy.
first I go over to the cage in the living room and ask SugarSnap if he has been a good kitten and used his litter box today.
No, not for playing in and burying toys in. Silly kitten. He is getting better about that, but since he didn't used to know when he had to potty I can't really blame him.
He is smart looking little guy with that tinytinytiny tail. It isnt' as cute as my bobtail, but its close.

I carefully inspect around his cage for any kitten food he has tossed out. I pick it up with my thumbed feet and gobble it down. Helping clean up spilled food is one of my favorite jobs.

Now comes the tricky part, checking on the cats who are behind doors.

I trot over to the first door "Fluffy? Sassy? Anshar? Are you all doing ok in there?"
"go away noisy young kitty" they answer. I guess they are fine.

I trot over to the second door "Kittens in the big tower cage? Are you doing ok this morning"
"GGGGRRRRRRR!"
"no, not YOU Bast, I'm talking to the kittens!"
"We want out! we want out!" I hear them mew.
"When mom gets home she might let you out! I'll ask her. At the very least you shoudl get treats."

Then I trot up stairs to the third door.
"tiny kittens on their moms, are you ok today?"
"food!food!food!" that is what they always say.
"Bella, Fireball, are you ok in your pens?"
no answer...they never talk to me.

"out! we want out!" the tiny kittens chirp.
"I want you out too! I love little kittens! Soon, I hope!"

phew
that was hard work, time for a loooong nap.
the rest of the cats in the main part of the house will have to look out for me, I'm all worn out.

Dumuzi is busy helping clean. He washes the bathroom floor several tims a day by splashing our water all over. He is so helpful.
Hermes and Sixtoes are doing their best rug immitations.
IttyBitty and Baby are curled up together in the sun.
Mimosa is snoozing in her pen, she will be allowed out when mom is home. Mimosa has brain damage and mom worries about her getting hurt if let out without supervision.

Woody, Ric, and Jean-Claude are careening around teasing SugarSnap and Luther in their cage.

Zio is out in the pen hoping a bird will fly in, most of the time she just has to settle for watching them.

I will play on teh computer, posting and e-mailing until mom comes home. Then I pretend I've been snoozing all day like a normal cat.

Hey, what do you expect from a cat who has thumbs

Bendy Kitty

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a big help you are Bendy! I hope your mom is giving you plenty of treats and nip.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
but for some reason mom doesn't give them to me that often.
'course there are a lot of things I think she should do that she doesn't. but i guess part loving a human is putting up with their weak spots, or lack of memory.

Bendy Kitty

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...what a busy household! And all those kittens!

**whispers - give them to me

You have your work cut out for you Bendy!

**scratches head - Nakita could learn a thing or two from you**

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so if you REALLY want one.....

you can go to hhaf.org and take a look!

there are NINE kittens on 2 moms right now...
and 3 "teenager kittens"
and Sassy and Fireball are adults.
Bella is an adult, but is FeLeuke positive.

oooooo
scrithces

*rolls over and waves belly*
happy happy bendy!

so, why does the pawprint icon only have four toes?
I have five plus two lil toes and a vestigial toe.

don't all cats?

Bendy

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bendy.

I am going to move this to our literary forum where we do fictional writing and stories and such like this one. Thanks!

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you don't think cute lil me really does all those things?
an I do have thumbs!
*waving lil thumbed paws in front of screen*
see! really, i can type!

sighs.
these humans, must not be brainwashed enough by their cats

Bendy

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mom brought 9 kittens home monday a week ago, on two momcats.
They were about 6 weeks old.
I'm a little confused about them. they aren't sick, they all have the normal number of toes, have long straight tails, and can potty just fine. So, what are they doing here?
Mom says it is cuz they are small and need an eye kept on them.
Well, HOW am I supposed to keep an eye on them when they are behind a closed door? I talk to them through the door everyday and they always say "let us out!" but I can't work the doorknob!

Mom took some picts of them so I can share them with you

Here are 2 picts of the kitten piles on momcats:

you can see that at least some of them are learning to eat dry food just fine!

Here are 2 of them wondering what that flashy box mom has is

When they do join us downstairs, they will live in a cage when mom isn't around to supervise.

Here I am doing my job as cage inspector of the mini-tower.
that is my half sister SixToes helping out with the inspection.

they got their first vaccine yesterday so hopefully soon we'll be playing together!!!
I love kittens

Bendy Kitty

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw they're adorable
They look settled too, mummy cat looks very contented. Kittens are great, I'd love one so Suki could look after him/her.

Do tell me Bendy, how can you type, I tried to train Suki but she just sits on the keyboard licking her crotch

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
for keyboards etc.
somewhere mom has a pict of me busy at the computer, lemme see if i can find it

of course, bendy is an extra clever kitty, too.

smoochies

bendy kitty

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the flash made the screen dark
here i am working away!

see!

bendy

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am glad the weekend is over!
I can hardly recognize my house! WHAT was my human thinking???
I know she has been talking with some people about regulations. Apparenlty to have over 9 foster kitties, she needs a liscence.
And for this, she has to do all kinds of things to the house.

First she had THREE other humans over on Saturday, and none of them gave me any treats.
bad bad humans.

THEN they brought in lots of tools and things that banged AND fixed the rug-monster which I had tried so hard to break by leaving out things to choke it. Something about a belt burned, but now it is fixed. hmpf.

I decided I would hide, these humans were just too scary. Hermes and SixToes and Ereshkigal and I all hid under the bed.
Ric and Jean-Claude tried to slow them down, getting in the way, stealing things, but mom locked them in a pen!

Our only hope was Dumuzi. He stomped up to the new humans and glared at them, but he coudln't make them go away. And, sadly, he gave in to being patted. He hissed once, but wasn't nearly sad enough.

I hear all kinds of noise from teh kittens upstairs. I gathered my courage and ran up the stairs.
And what do I see?
The kittens and their momcats are in big carriers in MY room at the top of the stairs, by the litter boxes and food!!!!
They said "help! help! the humans took us out of our comfy pens and put us in here!" I told them to be brave, and stayed by them. The mom cats weren't so scared, they said it was much better than being under the house in the cold.

The humans were pulling on the rug and moving things all around. Then, suddenly, the rug was shoved down the stairs.
I tried my best to not be scared, for the sake of the kittens, it was very hard.

Things got quiet for awhile, then mom started putting the pens back together.
"it'll be ok little kittens," I purred to them "she is putting your pens back together. I hope you get some treats for all this! I need to go downstairs now, nice to finally see you!"
Then I ran downstairs and went back uner the bed.
There were great ripping sounds
the rug monster roared loudly
I could hear many things being moved about.
I hid alllll the way back by the wall, eyes squeezed tight.

Finally I heard the strange humans leave and I peeked out.

I coudl hardly believe my eyes. I ran into the room and squeaked loudly at mom (i don't meow, i squeak). I wiggled and wiggle dmy bobtail furiously, runnign here and there and sniffed and sniffed and sniffed!

What had she done??

Most of the rug was gone from teh floor, instead strange tile was there. All my nice smells! I've been storing smells in that rug my whole little life!! ANd now they are gone!

"yes, bendy, its gone. And the rest will go away later."

It was too traumatic, I hid under the bed again.

Bendy Kitty

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was cold last night!
and snowing!
So, mom went outside to get firewood for the stove.
she came back in and was getting the stove going and she hears "meow meow meow" from outside.
well, Bast likes to go out in her pen in bad weather and tell the world about it. So mom figured it was just Bast.
then she hears little scrapy sounds - the sound of claws on the screen door.
and she thinks 'oh no! i must have closed someone between the doors!'
She runs over and opens the door.
no cat.
then something catches her eye.
a little face peeking in from the porch side of the door!!!!

She opens the door and in comes SugarSnap, he runs around and around her feet.
She picked him up and dusted the snow off him.
"You silly thing, you must have followed me out, and I didn't even notice! Poor little cold you!" she snuggled him lots and he just purrrrrrrrrrrrrred.

this morning as she left for work she saw his little pawprints in the snow on the porch. he had walked over to the stairs, then turned around and come back to the door.

We are SO glad he didn't go exploring! And mom says she will be EXTRA careful next time she goes out to get wood!

bendy

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was cold last night!
and snowing!
So, mom went outside to get firewood for the stove.
she came back in and was getting the stove going and she hears "meow meow meow" from outside.
well, Bast likes to go out in her pen in bad weather and tell the world about it. So mom figured it was just Bast.
then she hears little scrapy sounds - the sound of claws on the screen door.
and she thinks 'oh no! i must have closed someone between the doors!'
She runs over and opens the door.
no cat.
then something catches her eye.
a little face peeking in from the porch side of the door!!!!

She opens the door and in comes SugarSnap, he runs around and around her feet.
She picked him up and dusted the snow off him.
"You silly thing, you must have followed me out, and I didn't even notice! Poor little cold you!" she snuggled him lots and he just purrrrrrrrrrrrrred.

this morning as she left for work she saw his little pawprints in the snow on the porch. he had walked over to the stairs, then turned around and come back to the door.

We are SO glad he didn't go exploring! And mom says she will be EXTRA careful next time she goes out to get wood!

bendy

bendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is very hard work for a bendy kitty to keep his human well.
There are sooo many headache fairies in this house that even all of us 20+ kitties can't catch them all! And then one finds mom and she gets sick.
She was in bed until 3pm today.
I did my bendy best to make her feel better.
I gave her headbonks and nuzzles and purrrrred on her head all day.
It must have worked because she is moving again. Now I need her help with the Bendy Store, I might have to do another intensive bendy-purr treatment first tho.

The other kitties help, but its the bendiness that makes these treatments so effective, I am quite sure of it.

I hope the other kitties out there have healthy humans today.

Bendy kitty