A couple of short videos of the kittens

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This one is me feeding a little black boy. Usually, I'd be talking baby-talk to him and telling him how cute he is etc as he feeds but I thought anyone who watched could do without that lol. It's a bit dark but If you turn up your speakers, you can hear him suckling.

This one is waking up some little ones

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you seen any of Suie's videos! Talking is ok we all do it I bet! They are too precious. Makes me want another bottle baby!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - the bottle feeding one was amazing! Ive never seen kittens bottle fed before and didnt realise how QUICK they drink lol!

Thanks for sharing - those are some cute kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Have you seen any of Suie's videos! Talking is ok we all do it I bet! They are too precious. Makes me want another bottle baby!
I did a search for Suie but noting came up. Do you have the link?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they are beautiful , thank you for sharing them with us. may i ask , how do you put a kitten on to the bottle , all the ones iv had will not take to a bottle , so iv always sryinged fed , which when there older they decide i dont do it quick enough lol

4catz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

how do you put a kitten on to the bottle , all the ones iv had will not take to a bottle , so iv always sryinged fed
I would be interested to know that aswell as like tasha i have always syringed fed. I am having to feed one of my foster mum, Petal, kittens at the moment and couldn't get her to take the bottle, so am using a syringe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This page from Kitten Rescue explains it: http://www.kitten-rescue.com/feeding_techniques.html

Also, I find that the less time kittens have spent nursing from their mother, the more eager they are to take the bottle when they become orphaned or abandoned. When I offer the bottle for the first time, I often get refusals. If the formula is warm and the kitten is hungry, the kitten usually latches on after I squeeze just a tiny amount into their mouth.

A few questions:

Do you pierce the nipple on the bottle before you start? (They mostly come without a hole.)
Do you warm the formula?
What sort of nipple are you using?

debbie05

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh wow how cute those little kittens are i loved watching both video`s but wow the waking up of the babies was just so cute bless them all x