A Cat Room Is Not A Prison

Kawenu

Another Midwesterner
Kitten
Purraise
I plan on building our spare room into a catroom. It'll be open to the rest of the house most of the time, but may be useful if we need to catch cats or keep them contained for short periods of time. We try to keep our whole house cat-friendly, though, so there's no additional need to shut them in if we aren't home, and being that we have 4 (large) cats with specific needs, no amount of vertical space in one room will keep them comfortable.

I think you know your cats best and if they aren't exhibiting symptoms of unrest, and they are playful, healthy animals, there's nothing wrong with how you manage your cat room. :)

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She meows like crazy when I leave the room I don't know what I'm doing wrong she has to be attached to my hip is letting her meow ok

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Update she's still driving me nuts with the meowing but she hasn't touched the tank or try to knock it down she does get out when I come home. And Sammy goes in the room to keep her. Company. You can find both girls at the window I have gotten her a wand toy she's getting tired of all the toys so I don't know what else to do.