A cat needs help , emergency !

jaydee000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, first of all I'm sorry for my English but I will try my best so you guys understand me , I'm not a cat owner, but before a year a cat showed up in my house , actually I live in a house with three floors , and she came to the roof in a really hot day , I believe she was only 2 or 3 weeks old , I have no idea how she get there the roof is very very high , I tried all possible ways to take her from there but it didn't work, so I made a really long cane I linked it with a small dish to feed her with it , I keep giving her food and water for a year now ,she is so Big and ok now but we are about to sell the house and I don't want to leave her there alone , I noticed big cats come to her sometimes so there is a way out but she stick there she don't follow them , please I need an advise how I can make her stop sticking there , if I stop feeding her will she go ? Please dont tell me to call a cat center or something cause WE dont have this things here Also people are not friendly with cats , i just need a magical way to make her follow the other cats ,btw she disapeared twice , the first Time for 8 days and the second Time for a week but she Come back, do you think she stayed a week without water/food? I just want to make sure she Can take Care of her self,
please its emergency i dont want to leave her Alone i'm scared she starve till death , help

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you send a picture of the roof area? if It’s been there for a year, you’re lucky she hasn’t had kittens, at least not on the rood…either it’s a male or a female that has kittens elsewhere. You mentioned she’s big, wondering if cat is pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaydee000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you send a picture of the roof area? if It’s been there for a year, you’re lucky she hasn’t had kittens, at least not on the rood…either it’s a male or a female that has kittens elsewhere. You mentioned she’s big, wondering if cat is pregnant
She is a female , and i'm so worry she get pregnant, i have no idea why she dont follow them, will she go away if i stop feeding her ?
Screenshot_20220602-151221.png

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you've been able to feed her with this long cane, can you try to gradually inch the food closer and closer to the window/opening you are using? Or you can try to 'spill' a food trail from your window/opening to her location to see if she might follow the food train and come inside. It doesn't sound like you want her, but maybe you might know of another caring individual that would.

Are there other locations you can reach and try to place food there as well - places she can see you do so? Maybe eventually getting her to come to another spot where you might be able to better reach her?

The thing is that she does know how to come and go from that location, and other cats do too. If she has disappeared a couple of times as long as you say, I think you would have been able to notice some weight loss, so that would suggest she is finding food in other places too. Is it possible for you to take some time to look around to see how these cats are coming and going?

I know you said you live where most people don't like cats but can you check with neighbors to see if they know anything about her - maybe there is another person who cares like you do that has been feeding her food. While I am NOT advocating for you to do nothing and then leave her there when you move, at least if you know somewhere around the area is also feeding her, she might move on when she loses you as one of her food sources.