A cat high on tree unable to get down

TMartin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a cat that has been up on a tree since monday the 23rd, unable and afraid to get down on it's own. when my husband seen that the cat was up in the tree I called the humane society for help but they were closed, I called the local fire station to see if they can help the gentleman that answered my call said they don't usually do that but he would send out an email to all stations on my behalf and if they had time they might come by, no one came. On wednesday I called the Health Dept to see what resources there were and they gave me the Humane Society's number. I called again and again no answer but their recording says to text for faster service, so I did and their respond to me by text was "If you are reporting an emergency (sick, injured or aggressive animals call us, if reporting a life or death emergency you can call the PD or Sheriff's office for county calls. [automated message]..I then called the non-emergemcy PD dept and the girl was nice said they won't come out but to try the fire station, I told her I already did that, she asked who gave me their number I told her it was in a text from the Humane Society. two hours after speaking with the PD I recieved another text from the Humane Society stating " Not able to respond to retrieving a cat in a tree. you can reach out to the fire dept, a tree trimming service or post on social media any nieghborhood apps that may have to see if someone from the community is able to help__Jana @ Humane Society....We tried nailing two long boards together and place it as close as we can to where the cat is and put food at the bottom, but as my husband raised to board the cat went further up. The cat, poor thing is still up on tree since monday and today is thursday gets really cold at night. Any suggestions please...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also, if you have the Next Door Neighbor web site you might post there as well - there may be someone in your area that actually works for a tree trimming company, and maybe would end up costing a bit less. Even a handyman/painter might have a ladder tall enough and would be willing to help.

Please keep us posted.

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is a cat that has been up on a tree since monday the 23rd, unable and afraid to get down on it's own. when my husband seen that the cat was up in the tree I called the humane society for help but they were closed, I called the local fire station to see if they can help the gentleman that answered my call said they don't usually do that but he would send out an email to all stations on my behalf and if they had time they might come by, no one came. On wednesday I called the Health Dept to see what resources there were and they gave me the Humane Society's number. I called again and again no answer but their recording says to text for faster service, so I did and their respond to me by text was "If you are reporting an emergency (sick, injured or aggressive animals call us, if reporting a life or death emergency you can call the PD or Sheriff's office for county calls. [automated message]..I then called the non-emergemcy PD dept and the girl was nice said they won't come out but to try the fire station, I told her I already did that, she asked who gave me their number I told her it was in a text from the Humane Society. two hours after speaking with the PD I recieved another text from the Humane Society stating " Not able to respond to retrieving a cat in a tree. you can reach out to the fire dept, a tree trimming service or post on social media any nieghborhood apps that may have to see if someone from the community is able to help__Jana @ Humane Society....We tried nailing two long boards together and place it as close as we can to where the cat is and put food at the bottom, but as my husband raised to board the cat went further up. The cat, poor thing is still up on tree since monday and today is thursday gets really cold at night. Any suggestions please...
So sorry that everybody's been giving you the runaround! This might help: Directory of Resources – Cat in a Tree Emergency Rescue

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
There are also arborists that free climb trees with ropes but I’d vote for the boom truck too. Maybe if that happens have…something soft for the cat to land on in case boom truck guy drops cat? What kind of tree is it and how high up? Also depending on where you are tree house builders are pretty daring tree climbers.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? I know here in Louisiana we have a man who specifically handles cat rescues like this. Have you searched for that specifically? I know that sounds silly because i feel like that goes without saying but I had no idea it was a thing