A Cat Called Chicken.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you everyone. I'm really touched by all the love and support I've received on TCS over the past few day. Cat people are the best!

:grouphug2:

Please take care of yourself, there are many who depend on you for their own comfort and care. They will help you get through this
You're right. It is a great comfort to have Chicken's sisters and all of her friends here with me. I can't be sad for too long when there are so many of them that need love and attention.

Thank you for your kind words.

Second, she looks like my Bourbon - my soul cat. Looking at Chicken's photos are like looking to the eyes of the love of my life - and I cannot imagine my life also without her.
I hope you and Bourbon have many happy years together. She's a beautiful cat.

:petcat:

Change can happen so very quickly, it is hard to catch up with the pain and loss.
Yes, it takes a while to accept that they've actually gone doesn't it? They really are our families, it's so hard to lose one of them.

Darlin', you have heard me say this so often, but it is the deepest Truth I know, and that is that love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love.
Thank you. Losing her has made me remember how precious they all are. Sometimes I get annoyed because they've broken something or peed somewhere they shouldn't, but none of this matters. All that really matters is that they're here with us now. We never know how long we have with them, we have to savor every moment. Losing Chicken is a reminder to just be more loving.

:heartshape:

My husband is Buddhist. He's lighting incense now to nourish her soul and candles to guide her on her journey. Have a happy rebirth Chicken. I hope you find people who love you as much as we do.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a story of two friends.

In the Old Time was always dark, nobody could see anything else then the stars. All Creatures had eyes, but just for ornament, like the on feathers of the peacock. When 2 humans met, they did not shake hands because they couldnt see each other so well.

One day (better say - one night), the lonely Moon felt friendless, and useless. The Moon took the clouds and the spikes of the stars and molded a Creature like no other: to sleep daytime, so the talk to her in the night, to be fluffy like a cloud but having frightening claws and to change the eyes as he wishes and quiet paws. In two words- the Moon molded a cat.

You can imagine , nobody noticed that there was a cat on Earth. An this was not good for the cat.

The Wise Man saw the Humans and the sad cat and hanged a Sun on the sky That was for the cat, of course.

So the cat wondered around the world, to find his Human, and to leave with him for years. But you see, that left the Moon as lonely as it used to be before the creation of the cat. The Moon called the Cat to her, to care the Cat, to love the Cat to the end of Time. Human was sad to see the Cat flying to her Mother Moon and cried and cried.

Since then, if a Human watches the Moon with Love, he could see the eyes of the Cat. A Black Cat.

We all face the end of our time, but the Time never ends.

+++

My respect and my tears.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just about to go off site when I found this. I don’t know how I missed it until now except that , perhaps it was meant for me to find at just this time. I spent this day remembering another. Today marked the day that Sarah joined the Earth. I do not see it as a cold place but rather, warm and welcoming. She is now a part of the Universe and she, like Chicken, surrounds us now. All a part of everything and they have not completely left us. My tears for Chicken mingle with yours. I cannot take away the pain, I wish I could because I know it all too well. I am so terribly sorry that Chicken had to leave you now but I am so grateful that you were there to nourish that little one with a piece of your heart. It carries Chicken still. Now I can only offer the best I have to give. My heart is worn and old but I gladly send you a part of it. It won’t replace the part you gave to Chicken but know that it beats there with yours to offer you my love.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There must be something like Heaven. My angel had to come from somewhere. I’ve always known that science says energy is not destroyed but only transferred or transformed so whether an individual believes in religion or science, they are still with us in some form. I do believe that Sarah will be drawing the kitties to her now, as she did before. They always ran to be with her and stayed curled around her, so I picture her as holding on to them for us. If she can, I know she will. Surrounded by kitties, she is raining smiles of gratitude down on us all for sharing them with her for now. She is not alone.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken. My beautiful girl. You made me laugh every day with your craziness, I'm so grateful that you chose to spend your life with me. I will never get over losing you. Lying you down in the cold, black earth was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

It wasn't meant to end this way.
You made me cry hard, like Chicken was mine. How much love in your words! And what a wonderful life you had together.
RIP beautiful Chicken, you were loved more than you ever imagined.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
July 28th would have been Chicken's 8th birthday. She's sleeping here in the enclosure where she loved to play.
CsGarden1_R.jpg

I planted purple flowers for her earlier this year, then hostas later on.
CsGarden2_R.jpg

Next time I go to the coast I'll get more pebbles to paint for her. I'm going to plant bulbs in the autumn so there will be daffodils and hyacinth next year.
CsGarden10_R.jpg

I'm grateful for this lovely space to remember her in. I feel like she's still here in a way, watching over the others as they play.
CsGarden12_R.jpg

Happy Birthday Chicken, from your sisters Carpet,
Carpet30.jpg

Sadie
Sadie22.jpg

and Twinkle.
Twinkle29.jpg

And of course, from me.
:heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The garden you planted for Chicken is beautiful. I know that you are familiar with the garden I planted here for Sarah and I often feel like she may be near. A whisper of her breath? Chicken would surely love that spot and the flowers that surround her now. I hope you feel the same comfort that I get by placing beauty where it might be seen from another place. Your photos emanate a sense of peace. In the first one I almost feel that Chicken is in the shadows among the flowers, perhaps with the sun on her face. The garden is a great tribute to her. Her beauty continues there. Happy birthday to Chicken and her wonderful siblings.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful resting spot she has
That beautiful spot will reflect the peace and love that will always surround it.
What a lovely resting place
Thank you all for your nice comments. Yes, I'm really grateful to have this place for her to rest in.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

The garden you planted for Chicken is beautiful. I know that you are familiar with the garden I planted here for Sarah and I often feel like she may be near.
Thank you. Yes, I remember the picture you showed me of Sarah's garden. It's really lovely, the perfect way to remember your little girl. I really appreciate your kind words.

:hugs:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan, I'm so sorry I missed this thread. I try to say out of "Crossing the Bridge" because if I don't I invariably end up sitting in front of my computer with tears streaming down my face . . . just like now.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You should absolutely take solace in the fact that, having had you for a custodian, Chicken was one of the luckiest cats ever. She couldn't have been better cared for. And what a blessing to have had that beautiful enclosure to live those seven years! I can only imagine what adventures she and her companions had. I read something somewhere not too long ago that said, "Grief for a pet is grief for the vanishing of the tiny unknowable universe that was her consciousness; but it’s also grief for a part of your own life." I believe that completely.

Much love to you and to your Chicken, and to all of the cats so fortunate to be in your world.

Piercy