A big and warm Hello from Greece :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 2nd photo is awesome! Congrats to the hubby! 
Also, Grizzly's eye colour is fully demonstrated on the following 2 photos:

View media item 284709  
His paws have remained pink-brown. Although, when he was a baby, his nose was also pink brown but now it is full brown.

His ears' edges tend to have a slight "tilt" upwards, but I haven't managed to photograph them correctly. Maybe it's a "remain" from when they where "wrinkled" or "twisted" or "curled" .. I can't describe it! LOL

Maybe you can see what I mean in this photo.. 

But by the time I took the photo, his ears had already begun to get "straightened"

I've had him since he was 15days old.. So, I have witnessed a lot of alterations on him! LOL

How's Grace's general behaviour? Her moods? Her habbits? Is she vocal? Does she fetch? Cadbury of @KKoerner's does! And Grizzly fetched last night!! 
 He never fetched. Only once or twice.. But it's not his "thing" I guess.. Tell me more! 

Last edited:

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL.. when I compare Cadbury to Grizzly, I usually say that Grizzly is Cadbury's "evil twin" 

beckbjj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, Grizzly and Cadbury are both just absolutely gorgeous!  I guess we're the brown cat club!

Grace is very small for an adult cat, but much heavier than you'd expect.  I'm not sure exactly how she manages that, because she's not chubby at all.  She's a lot smaller than big boy Quincy (the giant blonde blob in my avatar) even now that she's fully grown, but she's also quite a bit smaller than our two average sized cats.  Yet somehow she weighs 8.5 pounds.  I always say she must be made of concrete!  Her pads are a darker pink-brown than Grizzly's. 

She was found abandoned in a barn in record cold temperatures (which is saying something, because even normal cold here is really cold!) around Christmas 2013, at what we believe was 4 weeks.  I think the abandonment and probably not getting enough food so young may be why she's so small.  She's a little bit of a bully with our two black cats, but I actually think it's mostly because she's a little scared of them still (for no real reason, they are very docile and not very smart, and they don't hiss at her unless she hisses at them, usually they just run away).  Even though Quincy sort of raised her and he pretty much never shuts up, she doesn't talk much at all.  She does beg for food just like a dog would, and she meows when she gets impatient with me preparing her food.  She likes to sit in windows and "talk" to the birds.  She's very stubborn and will also do some angry meows when we try to get her to do anything she doesn't want to do, that's always pretty funny.  She's not a lap cat, but she likes to be around us a lot of the time.  She loves to stalk and hunt things (toys, bugs, anything that falls on the floor, her tail).  She's very active and lots of fun to have around, even though she can be a little devil!  Oh, she kind of half-fetches.  If we throw one of her toys she does chase after it, at breakneck speed, but she won't bring it back to us, LOL.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow, Grizzly and Cadbury are both just absolutely gorgeous!  I guess we're the brown cat club!

Grace is very small for an adult cat, but much heavier than you'd expect. [......] she's also quite a bit smaller than our two average sized cats.  Yet somehow she weighs 8.5 pounds.  I always say she must be made of concrete!  Her pads are a darker pink-brown than Grizzly's. 

[...] She does beg for food just like a dog would, and she meows when she gets impatient with me preparing her food.  She likes to sit in windows and "talk" to the birds.  She's very stubborn and will also do some angry meows when we try to get her to do anything she doesn't want to do, that's always pretty funny.  She's not a lap cat, but she likes to be around us a lot of the time.  She loves to stalk and hunt things (toys, bugs, anything that falls on the floor, her tail).  She's very active and lots of fun to have around, even though she can be a little devil!  Oh, she kind of half-fetches.  If we throw one of her toys she does chase after it, at breakneck speed, but she won't bring it back to us, LOL.
I just quoted the features that are exactly the same as Grizzly's. 

He is not "small" in terms of height or length, to be honest. But he is slim.. So when you pick him up, you can be surprised. Especially during the winter. He got neutered recently (July 30th) and we had a kind of an adventure prior to that - he attacked my mother. So, he went through a stressful period. That period in combination with the back-to-back heatwaves, here in Greece, resulted to Grizzly losing 2 kilograms. I have him on a protein-rich diet right now, less veggies and carbohydrates and low fat. Apart from this occasion, he is pretty heavy and it's not obvious at all.

All the other features are exactly the same. Even the "half-fetch" thing. He fetched last night, and very few other times before.. but his standard behaviour is hunting after the toy/ball/object, reaching it, touching it and leaving it for me to retrieve it 

But he does get very vocal.. Very very vocal... 

Katvlach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here is the reason why I subscribed
His name is Grizzly. He is a mixed breed (don't know what breeds) and was a 15day old stray when I adopted him. He was found with his siblings crying over their mommy, who was poisoned by a "sorry excuse of a human" and was dead by the time we got to her
I was actually so lucky to have no one to "compete" with in order to adopt him
He is a 100% indoor cat, even if he doesn't fully appreciate it.. So, in order to make him feel more comfrotable I have installed a safety net on the balcony.

Took a full 10hr work to install it properly, but it was totally worth it

That's pretty much all about Grizzly! Feels good to be here and I wish nothing but love and prosperity for our little ones!

Cheers!
Hello!!

My name is Katerina :) I understand that this thread is really old now but in a desperate attempt to help my sister and her cats out I'll give this a go.
My sis lives in Athens and has 2 cats. They are 100% indoor cats but they are allowed on the balcony. They lived in the "wild" for a bit until they were rescued by my sis. So now they are naturally curious about what's beyond life in the flat. They have been caught in the act of climbing on the railing a few times which makes us all nervous. Yesterday one of them made a leap off the balcony and got mildly injured. I have been talking to my sister about getting a net on the balcony and she's been trying to get it done but is at a loss when it comes to installation. Can you recommend someone who can do it? Who did yours? I can see on the pictures that you have the net I was suggesting my sister should get.

Thank you so much in advance!
Hope you see this :)

Katerina