9 month kitten litter box issues

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i brought one of my friendly feral kittens inside back in February due to her not seeking out one of the 6 shelters in subzero sleet/snow conditions i had watched her for over 2 hours waiting for her to seek out one of the 6 warm kitty shelters i have for 9 Ferals but no luck she had stopped shivering when i decided to bring her in after a slow intro to the kitties of the house she was accepted however in the last month things have changed shes hissing at the others , and occasionally makes a growly groany noise at me and will fart in my face or in the fan or ac and assume the position unless i hurriedly take her to one of the litter boxes and put her in it she'll usually go pee on her own but i must drop everything and take her poo is this an issue i need to take to our vet is it behavioral something feliway could help or do i just have the strangest kitten in the world?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been to the vet for her spay? If not, the hormones may be the some of the cause of her current issues. It could also be her relationship with the other cats. Could she be nervous around them or afraid? Also since she started life as an outdoor kitty you might want to try a litterbox mixture of sand and dirt with some cat attract in it. That may give It a more familiar feel that she is willing to use.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No spay yet covid back log Sweetie's scheduled for July 1st unless theirs a cancellation before hand which is unlikely as a spay is only $75 at my vet. no fear of other cats infact shes a lil bit of a bully. she'll use the box top pee in but just pooped on my blanket in the middle of my bed. she also has horrible gas and a touch of diarreah(sp?). she has been wormed so not sure what that's about she had severe diarrhea when i brought her in vet said worms and food intolerance switched to grain free and she was better till recently as i said new development per the past couple weeks. though now im wondering if it could be party caused by stress you see their tearing out the road and sidewalk in front of my home about 15-20 feet from my front door, and are making all kinds of racket vibrating the house and the smell of them using a saw to cut threw brick and milled up asphalt is awful, so is it possible this s simply a stress reaction?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, could be hormonal stress coupled with stress from what is going on outdoors. But the diarrhea is concerning so be sure the vet is aware of it and bring a fresh poop sample in when you bring her in with her spay.

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, could be hormonal stress coupled with stress from what is going on outdoors. But the diarrhea is concerning so be sure the vet is aware of it and bring a fresh poop sample in when you bring her in with her spay.
Thanks i will do that in the mean time i just called the vet, he's suggested feeding her some canned pumpkin and plain yougert to help with it. he also said if its not better by saturday come in at 8 and he'll work us in.

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
once again thank you for helping put my mind at ease about it possibly being hormones this is Sweeite we all tend to be bullied by her demands.

Attachments