8 week sleepy kitten

Jandrgarcia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just adopted an 8 week old kitten who is neutered. We picked him up 3 days ago, he eats and uses the litter box fine. But he will not socialize with the other kittens... he tends to sleep alot. When we seen him the first day he had so much energy. How can I tell if he's sick or just simply still feeling the surgery or anesthesia? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just adopted an 8 week old kitten who is neutered. We picked him up 3 days ago, he eats and uses the litter box fine. But he will not socialize with the other kittens... he tends to sleep alot. When we seen him the first day he had so much energy. How can I tell if he's sick or just simply still feeling the surgery or anesthesia? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hello J Jandrgarcia and family, and welcome to TCS! Thank you for getting him neutered right away -- that's the caring and responsible thing to do. Young kittens do sleep a lot, like young kids, as they need the sleep for growth and health. But he may be experiencing a little residual effect from the anaesthesia, though it's unlikely after three days. If you think he's sleeping an abnormal amount, you'll want to discuss it with his vet -- a phone call may take care of it, or they may ask you to bring him in. As long as he's otherwise normal, though, I would think he's a fine, healthy kitten and give him a day or two more to regain his bouncy energy.