8-Bit's interspecies influence

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It has happened. His influence is no longer limited to just cats.

My dog just tackled a box of croissants. A big, plastic box. I turned around and saw him licking the box on the floor. Where the box SHOULD have been was on the chair (hehe, think it was just too tempting for Jake in that spot? lol), and the box should have been filled, minus about 3. So Jake's belly is now the home of somewhere between 10-14 croissants, and they weren't exactly small ones. They were BUTTER croissants, too, so I guess I can say Jake's diet is now shot to heck
. And thanks to that amount, he actually didn't completely lick up the plastic (there are still a good bit of crumbs in there), which is a complete miracle (Jake's a trash compactor) so probably for the first time in 7 or 8 years, Jake actually feels full.

I sure hope it was worth the belly ache and hershey squirts he'll be getting within the next couple of hours. Gonna have to watch for bloat, though. Silly goose.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8-Bit has been working on his cross species communication, but I had no idea Jake was one of his subjects. Looks like he was successful.

What kind of dog is Jake? He sounds a lot like my childhood neighbors dog who'd eat anything including an apple pie that was two seconds from the oven. He had to go to the vet for burns on his tongue!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fortunately Jake shows no ill affects. Naturally he's extra happy today, and it's a good thing his love of food is coupled with a belly of steel, lol

Jake is a 55-60 pound Australian Shepherd-Border Collie mix, and he'll eat ANYTHING, though he's never attempted to steal a pie straight out of the oven. He would probably TRY, but when he realizes it's too hot, he'd just pick up the whole thing and carry it to his crate, then stand over it for the next hour while nursing his wounds and waiting for it to cool, lol. He's done it before with bowls. Once he took a full bowl of cereal from the table, carried it into the next room, and ate it, while never having spilled a single drop. Other times he carries bowls which should be too heavy for him, and takes them into his crate where I have to fish them out later. You'd think I starve him or something, lol

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

Fortunately Jake shows no ill affects. Naturally he's extra happy today, and it's a good thing his love of food is coupled with a belly of steel, lol

Jake is a 55-60 pound Australian Shepherd-Border Collie mix, and he'll eat ANYTHING, though he's never attempted to steal a pie straight out of the oven. He would probably TRY, but when he realizes it's too hot, he'd just pick up the whole thing and carry it to his crate, then stand over it for the next hour while nursing his wounds and waiting for it to cool, lol. He's done it before with bowls. Once he took a full bowl of cereal from the table, carried it into the next room, and ate it, while never having spilled a single drop. Other times he carries bowls which should be too heavy for him, and takes them into his crate where I have to fish them out later. You'd think I starve him or something, lol
That is too funny! I can just imagine this dog carrying a bowl into the next room with a big grin on his face.

So the Australian Shepherd-Border Collie mix in him makes him smart and crazy?