7 Year Old Little Conure Is Laying Eggs In An All Female Flock

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:soapbox:

:noway:

WHY?! Koi Monkey has been with her bird for 7 years with the same style hidey the entire time, and she's laying eggs on the bottom of my cage. I submitted a thread on Avian Avenue so they'll tell me how long I need to leave the egg(s) with her before pulling them, and where to buy appropriately sized clutch of dummy eggs if she keeps laying.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom has a Quaker that laid eggs like a lunatic all the time, to the point that she was depleting herself so the eggs came out with a thin bloody shell. My mom found some info on not providing certain kinds of food and controlling light cycles. That seems to have done the trick. Silly birds!

I'll ask where she found the info.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While the days are longer, someone suggested shortening their light cycle. We'll need to set the timer over the bird cage to not correlate with the actual sunrise and sunset. I bought a clutch of dummyeggs.com this afternoon. I'm also told to get her a cuttlebone. She's sleeping on three right now in the bottom of the cage while her bird is snuggled up in the hidey with Iddy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave her the dummy eggs, but she's still laid five over the past week.