7 weeks pregnant queen, can't feel kittens

Cheekz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could I we be having a phantom pregnancy?
I put my queen to my stud on 8th May 2020 and she has been growing well, obvious pinking and teat swelling, increase in eating and lounging (although it has been warm) and just generally all signs of pregnancy. Until the last couple of days she's not been especially happy with her stomach being touched but then today she came to lay with me and allowed me to place my hand on her stomach. I was surprised to find that, not only was there no movement, but I couldn't feel any kittens at all. It's like there's water but no masses. I have since checked again and a couple of times thought I may have felt a small kick but I am second guessing it. Could it be that she's only carrying one? She's eating and drinking normally and there is no discharge or foul smells. I'm just really unsure whether there's anyone in there 🤔

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to know for sure, at 7 weeks gestation, kittens would be visible on either ultrasound or X-ray.

She might have a few kittens developing normally and you might just not be able to feel them, or it may be a hormonal (false) pregnancy, or there may have been early fetal death and they may have been reabsorbed... could be any number of things.

Since she seems healthy and there is no discharge, you can either wait and see if pregnancy progresses, or you can have her checked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheekz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are things now?
Hi there thanks so much for asking! My girl is still fine, no sign of illness or infection and I am beginning to feel kicks now, just a little deeper than I'm used to: I suspect a small litter and a lot of fluid but am feeling altogether much more relaxed about Mum's welfare. Really appreciate the check in. Kindest regards ☺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheekz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I definitely will xx