7 Month Old Domestic Short Hair Refuses to eat most Kitten wet foods

TheLiv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all!
I was looking for some advice...this is my first cat, Eevie. She is just over 7 months old. Quite a few months ago, she refused to eat any pate foods. I have had her on Nulo kitten food and Instinct as she enjoys the chunks and minced selections. However, she is very picky and doesn't like to eat the same foods all the time. I have recently started venturing out to find more textured foods that she may like. She has been eating Weruva, Tiki Cat, Nulo, Instinct, Wellness, and Pristine brand wet foods in combination with solid gold dry kitten food. Is this okay? She primarily likes the adult foods, and I try to give variety in her diet by rotating between the kitten wet foods available that she likes and the adult ones that she LOVES. She is developing, amazingly. Great weight and body composition. Very active and playful. I'm wondering if any one else has had similar experiences with a kitten that is texture fussy and if these changes are okay considering she is still on the kitten dry food and has some kitten wet food selections.
Enjoy her Christmas outfit,

Liv :p

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kittens don't really need "kitten" food - especially as a full diet.
Our girl was already eating all ages food by 4 months old (and she's from a breeder so she knows what she was doing).
If kitten isn't thrilled with kitten food no reason to buy it. Find good quality all stages (i.e. adult) food but make sure you feed as needed. Kittens need a LOT more quantity until they are about a year old than an adult cat does. The difference between kitten and adult food is quite minimal overall.
Try different textures/brands until you land on a few she really likes. Ours was very picky when younger and we struggled with meal times but figured out she prefers bite sized morsels, pates and reconstituted freeze dried food (which has a different texture, kind of hard to describe, it is somewhere between pate and chunky).

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my cats were kittens they had adult food. They just eat more. The brands mentioned are very good though wellness can be high in carbs so mix it with tiki which you are already doing!. My cat used to like tiki after dark but now I have to crush a topper with freeze dried from pure bites or American journey. I think it started whe. I fed her sheba perfect portions roasted chicken or beef or fancy feast classics Turkey and giblets so maybe it's the extra flavor

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten ate kitten food for the first few weeks that we had her, and then we switched her to adult food. She’s doing great on it and seems to like it just as much as the kitten food, plus it is more cost effective as we have two other adult cats, so it just made sense to buy them all cat food. If she likes the adult food, then go for it! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TheLiv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your helpful comments, Eevie has been enjoying her new Tiki sardine food and is eager to try more! :) :p