7 month old calico kitten

Calicokp_

genuine cat lover!!
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my name is kortney i had kitten that was born on may 20, 2019 from a female calico i had gotten from my sister. It had 6 three died ,the vet said it was common due to the age she was young but she did great and nursed and i got her spayed and sent her back to my sister after several weeks . I got two of the kittens which was female adopted. And i was left with my male calico. I was told it was rare from the vets and breeders which i knew and they wanted me to sell but i denied offer cause i loved it and raised it and cried if i left it to visit or whatever we had a bound. I have a five year old dog as well which he took to her as a foster mom/bestfriend i try hard to do for my animals but it hard and i refuse to give them up. Its that i have no kids and look at them as my kids i stay by myself and i have diabetes type 1 and i have bad nearopathy pain i cant get rid of my income is based on disability. My doctor say my sugars stay low and its very low at times he knows i have problem supporting my eating habits cause at times i dont want to eat or have a apetite, at times i sacrifice for my babys cause i love them and dont like ever seeing them go without for two day while watching me enjoying my meals my family want me to neglect that habit and do only for my self and stop being so kind hearted im not perfect. It getting my depression unstable cause i worry about them more than myself but times and funds are not well .

I love pets especially my cat and wouldnt trade him for the world. We go through whatever together. I just want whats best for my pets and atleast help them eat on a daily basis forget me i can manage some just as long as they are healthy , comfotable and loved. Thanks for lustening any advice will be very appreciated. Also will post pics of them.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't really have any advice per se. The best thing I know to tell you is to look for sales on cat/dog food and buy ahead when you can so you have a bit stocked up for those times when you have less funds available. And, be sure to keep up on your own health - so, you are able to continue taking care of your precious babies!

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not familiar with Wisconsin but have you talked to animal charities or alike, maybe a diabetes group and asked for pointers? I would try that. If you can find a reliable person for example who also have pets, you two might buy a bigger size food together and split the food which would cost cheaper for both of you as the bigger sizes cost cheaper.

Not to say do that or don't do that but, the kitten is 6 months old. It would be easier for him to get use to another home right now. They will continue to need food but also vet care and they will need you to be healthy too. I know it isn't pleasant to hear but sometimes the best and most selfless thing we can do is to rehome them.

Best wishes to you.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi my name is kortney i had kitten that was born on may 20, 2019 from a female calico i had gotten from my sister. It had 6 three died ,the vet said it was common due to the age she was young but she did great and nursed and i got her spayed and sent her back to my sister after several weeks . I got two of the kittens which was female adopted. And i was left with my male calico. I was told it was rare from the vets and breeders which i knew and they wanted me to sell but i denied offer cause i loved it and raised it and cried if i left it to visit or whatever we had a bound. I have a five year old dog as well which he took to her as a foster mom/bestfriend i try hard to do for my animals but it hard and i refuse to give them up. Its that i have no kids and look at them as my kids i stay by myself and i have diabetes type 1 and i have bad nearopathy pain i cant get rid of my income is based on disability. My doctor say my sugars stay low and its very low at times he knows i have problem supporting my eating habits cause at times i dont want to eat or have a apetite, at times i sacrifice for my babys cause i love them and dont like ever seeing them go without for two day while watching me enjoying my meals my family want me to neglect that habit and do only for my self and stop being so kind hearted im not perfect. It getting my depression unstable cause i worry about them more than myself but times and funds are not well .

I love pets especially my cat and wouldnt trade him for the world. We go through whatever together. I just want whats best for my pets and atleast help them eat on a daily basis forget me i can manage some just as long as they are healthy , comfotable and loved. Thanks for lustening any advice will be very appreciated. Also will post pics of them.
:welcomesign: :catlove::):salam::catrub:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, is there any way that you can get approved for a food pantry in your area? They go by how much you make and it sounds like you might be qualified. That would at least take care of your nutrition needs and you would also have more money for your furbabies. I would also check into farming stores that sell huge quantities of pet food and stock up. This approach is usually cheaper and stretches farther..

Keep going to your doctor to maintain your mental and physical health because those precious babies need you.