64 Day's Pregnant

LucyLooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I am new member to this site but I am a long time visitor!

So I have an Exotic Shorthair Cat who is currently on her 64th day pregnant. I am just very stressed because she has been pregnant once before and gave birth on the 63rd day. Her last pregnancy and birth went very smoothly. (I can show pictures of those babies if anyone is interested ;) ). This well also be her last pregnancy and she will be spayed once the babies are weaned.

Overall her pregnancy has been fairly normal. She had loose stools for about 24-36 hours last week but that cleared up quickly. My only concern is that 2-3 days ago I could feel the babies moving ALOT! While she was laying down you could even see her belly moving. However, starting yesterday and continuing to this morning, her stomach feels very tight and the kitten movement is very limited. I am sure this is nothing to be worried about-- the waiting game has just got my mind racing! Does anyone know if this is a problem? I have read that it means birth is coming soon, but she has no other signs of labour.

Let me know what you all think!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yep, she is very close. The hard tummy and not seeing movement are perfectly normal towards the end. The kittens have likely moved down into the birth canal and her body is preparing for contractions. However, she may not deliver at the same number of days as the last time. Each pregnancy is different. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LucyLooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep, she is very close. The hard tummy and not seeing movement are perfectly normal towards the end. The kittens have likely moved down into the birth canal and her body is preparing for contractions. However, she may not deliver at the same number of days as the last time. Each pregnancy is different. :)
Thank you so much! Just needed some peace of mind (:

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Same boat! Mine is 62 days pregnant and experiencing the same as you said. Could not feel her kittens either anymore and her tummy is also more firm. I hope you continue to update us on your cat.

LucyLooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Same boat! Mine is 62 days pregnant and experiencing the same as you said. Could not feel her kittens either anymore and her tummy is also more firm. I hope you continue to update us on your cat.
We are in this together then! Excited to see pics of your new kittens :)

LucyLooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: We have another female cat that our pregnant female despises! However, out of nowhere she’s now following her, licking her, and meowing when she leaves. Suddenly our other cat is her best friend! Our pregnant cat is also now finding places all over to hide (of course everywhere but the nesting boxes I’ve prepared).
Hope she gives birth very soon!! The stress/excitement is killing me 😂

HunterXBailey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can totally relate with you there I times I want to bring her to the vet but I think the best recourse for us is to simply wait it out and let nature take its course.

LucyLooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We now have 3... but none are latching to drink. Any ideas/suggestions?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They should begin rooting for a nipple unless mom is still laboring. If she is not laboring you can gently put them up to the nipples.

LucyLooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: 5 kittens were born! They’re so cute. 1 black, 2 cream (Not sure if they’ll be colour pointed), 1 calico, and one more whose either calico or tortie (can’t tell yet)! If anyone wants photos let me know. They’re ADORABLE.