Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community
Share A Funny Cat Story To Win Gwen Cooper's Book! Click here for details

6 Weeks Kitten With Diarrhea

Discussion in 'Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care' started by torareji, Aug 9, 2018.

1. torareji

torareji Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Jul 29, 2018
    I have 2 kittens age 6 weeks and they have been having diarrhea for 4 weeks now. They were on metro for 7 days and ponazuril for 5 days before this. After medication, they were better for few days (still soft stool but more energetic, no tummy aches, and gaining weight well). They have been having another round of bad diarrhea again since yesterday and lost weight. This time round the poop doesn't smell like before. One kitten is not eating and lost over 30g in a day. I need some opinions on what should be done. I will take them to the vet again tomorrow but I just need to hear if you have similar experience and what did you do? Thanks!

2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Hi! Have you tried kitten glop with goat milk? There's recipes in the internet.
    Also hopefully experts here will see your post..hang in there!!

3. StefanZ

StefanZ Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Sep 18, 2005
    Sweden
    Do you use pedialyte? a must in cases of severe diarrhea, to compensate for the salt loss.

A variation may be; water from heavy overboilded white rice + some minerale kitchen salt.

Begin asap at once now.

It wont cure the cause of the diarrhea, but will make its not life threatening.

Furballsmom purraised this.

4. talkingpeanut

talkingpeanut TCS Member Top Cat

Oct 12, 2015
    Where did you get these kittens? They are very young to be separated from their mother.

What are you feeding them?