500 points to anyone...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...who can tell me what breeds this dude is?

He's my choice to foster as we need more room at the "inn". Mandy & my Coco were fighting incessantly.
This boy is dog aggressive....got neutered....chilled out a lot. Likes the ladies, a bit more touchy about male dogs. He was adopted for an entire day, but kept...erm.... "blessing" the womans' house. He's tried marking once, otherwise a "NAA" has stopped him before he did much. It *might* be sinking in he shouldn't mark in the house.
I crated him, he's been quiet. Keeps his kennel clean, so I expect him to keep his crate clean. I'm actually surprised he hasn't tried to mark more, I had Simon the whizzing wonder with that massive UTI so he peed intact male dog pee all over the place.....I must've done a good job with the enzymatic cleaner!

Anyways, breed guess?

He has shorter legs.....longer body. Kinda knobby knees like you see in a Bassett. But yeah......no clue what he could be? Besides cute, of course!

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katzyn

I second this, I think. Although...I definately think it's a mix. Doesn't seem to have the beagle face...
i agree with the face thing, sadly enough its almost a pittbull looking face, maybe i am wrong on that though.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking heeler cause of the spots...I personally don't think his head looks that pitty, the snout is a little too long

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How much does he weigh? Any ideas? I would guess Australian Cattle dog/beagle mix. His legs really have the beagle shape/length.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The legs are shorter, definately. We've been labeling him as a Bassett/Heeler X. His legs are 9" long, tops. Probably weighs around 40 lbs? (Might pop into the vet with him to get a weight today if I get a chance)

No pitty in the face, he's been kenneled with pits on either side of him & he just doesn't have it.

Never heard of a red-tick beagle before. Will try to get some pics of him standing, he's mad at me because every time he tries to mark in the house, I use the squirt bottle on him(he's really bad about marking).

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really dont see Basset in him. My guess would be Beagle. Most Basset mixes have big bodies. I definatly see ACD in him. I had a red ticked beagle when I was a kid. Great dog.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no dog expert, but I definitely agree with those who see some kind of hound/ heeler/ cattle dog in him.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

red heeler cross??
Yep he has healer spots!

Here is a red healer

And you've seen a picture of my mom's blue healer mix.....

His face stumps me though.....I'll have to think on it!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I've been looking forever and this is what I've got.

Foxhound/Red Heeler mix!

Foxhound

Coonhound

Those two are pretty close as you can see, but I can realy see his face in the foxhound!

(My mom and granny used to run a dog kennel. I was about to call her until I found these pictures!)

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Corgi (the knobby,short knees, and long body, but no other basset traits, and the eyes), terrier (something about the head says "terrier" to me) of some sort and beagle?