500 points to anyone...

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind that heelers have very short legs as well, corgi's are VERY short dogs and very long.

His face is very knobby and he has long flukes (lips). That's a hound trait. Terriers are very smooth faced.

laurencoombs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Corgi (the knobby,short knees, and long body, but no other basset traits, and the eyes)
Having corgis, I really see no corgi in him.

There is a dog on another forum that I'm on that looks just like this dog, except for the face.

His head looks bully to me, could also account for the DA (though so could ACD, or just lack of socialization)

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaurenCoombs

Having corgis, I really see no corgi in him.

There is a dog on another forum that I'm on that looks just like this dog, except for the face.

His head looks bully to me, could also account for the DA (though so could ACD, or just lack of socialization)
I see hound in his face. He looks alot like the beagle mix that I fostered. She was Beagle/Brittany mix.

4blueyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Though I can see its already be said, I'll through in my 2 cents... first thing I thought whn I saw the pic was austrailian cattle dog/beagle mix

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cardigan corgies are bigger than the Pembroke you have pictured, and have long tails. We almost adopted a half Cardi, half Lab?, and he was a decent sized dog, with a nose almost exactly like that. Something about the bones of the face look terrier to me...It was just a thought. The Cardis are also knobbier kneed than the Pembrokes, and usually heavier bodied, bigger feet, etc.. I can see the foxhound too,though.

Just for those who haven't seen a Cardi before. They come in several colors, including merles (but this one is brindle
):

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd say cattle dog/ red tick beagle x but that's just a guess.
definitely not a pit. whatever he is though he's cute! You know, they have genetic testing available for some breeds now...it might be something to look into if someone has a little extra $ and is really curious! They don't have all of the breeds though- just some that are recognized.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL and I was just guessing, but it does remind you of a mix of them, jack russell coloration (in the face) and pit bull body, your dog has some muscles on it!

And not all pit bulls are huge, some can be thin and sleek. Most people think pit bull and they think those fighting dogs, which sometimes are given steriods (sadly)

So you never know, and pitbulls can have pink noses too.

alyssa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's a site that has pictures of that mix (Red Healer and Jack Russell Terrier):

http://newlifewy.blogspot.com/2007/0...g-30-2007.html
You can click the images to see a larger image.

Here is one of the smaller images of their dog as a puppy:

And that dog doesn't have a pit bull bone in it's body, IMO. Maybe bull terrier, but not any of the staffie or pit bull terrier breeds. But I think it's just a healer JRT mix myself.

Red Healer:

Jack Russell Terrier:

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The key thing is it has a pink nose, I dont see any pink nosed heelers at all so I dont think it has any of that breed. And jack russels dont have pink noses, so i'll still go with part pit bull.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

The key thing is it has a pink nose, I dont see any pink nosed heelers at all so I dont think it has any of that breed. And jack russels dont have pink noses, so i'll still go with part pit bull.
I personally know two red heelers with pink noses

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is my mom's beagle/blue healer mix. The father was actually beagle with some rat terrier in his background (not half and half). We knew the owner and meet both parents, that's how we know the breeds for sure.

This is the best one I have of her face......Don't mind the pink eye
Long story short my sister had to take her to 4-h on valentines day like this

And this is the best one I have of her body on my computer.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I see the jack russell in him now! Didn't even think about that breed of terrier!

Jack Russell/Red Healer mix

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also think his face looks a little pit, and the rest of him red heeler crossed with perhaps beagle - and possibly some pointer in there, too? More likely red heeler though. The mask on his face and his colouring and spots would make sense with heeler / beagle. But at the first look at him my thought was `he's got pit in there somewhere - even if only a little bit'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He won't be labeled any bully breeds. Nobody here can see that in him....got more pics to post later. He's not adoptable to start with, if we label him pit X he'll never get a home.

We discussed bassett vs. corgi.....had an ACD "breeder" say he's definately ACD.

I'd like to label him a:
Beagle
Bassett
Corgi
ACD/Blue Heeler
Jack Russell
Rat Terrier

mix.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He won't be labeled any bully breeds. Nobody here can see that in him....got more pics to post later. He's not adoptable to start with, if we label him pit X he'll never get a home.

No offense or anything to you, since I guess your not sure what breeds he has in him, BUT if he does have pit bull in him, even just a little, I feel bad you would have to lie and say "oh yeah he has no pit bull in him"

And if he is not adoptable yet I would hope you'll find a potential owner who can handle a dog with some issues that may need to be dealt with, would be terrible if he is adopted then abandoned just because they cant handle him.

If he does infact have some pit bull in him (like I said if you find out he does), I think it would only be fair to a potential adopter to let them know that, imagine if they found that out after you said he doesnt have any pit bull bloodline?

Mabye he doesn't, who knows, but lying about his breed/breeds just seems wrong like your ashamed of him if he has some pit in him.

Just my opinion.

But alot of times, mabye this case, you do honestly have to just "guess" the mixed breeds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We won't label him Pit because when you see him in person, between two Pits(one purebred), he just hasn't got it in him. He's been up for adoption for so long because we are being very picky about any home he goes to(who knows what the poor dude's been through in his life). We label two primary breeds for them on Petfinder.......that's what I'm trying to come up with. I'm second guessing bassett being one of them....wondering if maybe corgi. Still working on pics of him standing up, he's lazy...