500 points to anyone...

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont see any Pit in that dog at all.
Alot of people that arent familiar with the breed label dogs that that are totally not. Someone said my new foster had Pit in him. He looks nothing like a Pit. They said he had to have Pit because he had a head to big for his body.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see any pit either. Pits have very distinctive faces.

I agree with not putting pitt as part of the breed. No one will ever be able to say "yes it does have pitt" there is no way to prove it. There's no reason to say it has such a negatively seen breed if you don't know for sure. We know for sure that it has heeler in it and that's a great breed, smart, and loyal. Any others in your list would also be great dogs. I don't see the need to really put anything other than hound/heeler or terrier/heeler mix. The person that buys it can figure it out from there if they want!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I promise I will get the points sent out to all of you! I've just been busy with the holidays & am trying to catch up on threads right now.

Whatever Martin is, I really like this guy. He's a freak....but a sweet freak. Crawls in my lap & smooches me. Snuggles in bed with me.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I see Heeler.. Dont label him as Pitt, I don't see Pitt or Lab.. his snout looks Shar Pei to me and the way his front knees look as if there curving inward i would say that looks Bassett... he doesn't have Pitt because his knees would stick outward more than in and his snout wouldn't be as thick and I don't see any Lab. He may have some sort of Bird Dog in there but im not sure what... its not Pointer cause my Bonnie is a Pointer, Pitt Bull, Border Collie mix and id see it if there was.
I dont think its Beagle cause he weighs to much for it to be Beagle... or Corgi and Jack Russell at that. Maybe hes a Shar Pei, Bassett Hound, Heeler Mix with something unknown mixed in there a lil.

bassetlover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can definately see basset in him. His eyes are submissive like a basset. I have a basset lab mix and their faces look similar although mine has much longer ears. A basset/red heeler mix is my best guess, that would explain the mottled look to him. I can see how it could look like there's some pit in him too, it's not always easy to tell when mixed with other things. He's a very cute little guy though!!