5 yr old spayed rescue UTI Proteinuria

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, so I have a socialized feral, Honey Bunny. Prone to UTIs, have her on Purina Pro Plan Urinary Tract Health canned. She also haaccess to dry kibble. She has been going to the bathroom often, excessive grooming but no straining or yowling or showing signs of pain, not saying she isn’t in pain but not exhibiting signs.

She has went thru a round of Amoxi. No help. Her Vet is out w an injury, so we’ve been talking via text or messenger regarding treatment. She will not physically be in the office for another couple weeks. I will not use her practice owner, as she recently flat out refused to work in an emergency Euth of a cat I witnessed being HBC and seizing in the middle of the road. (Along with other past issues.)

You guys know how hard it is to get an appt anywhere right now, it’s 2 weeks out on another Vet that I use out of town and Emergency Hospital is 3 hrs away and not an option due to price.

Her Dr called in Veraflox on Friday and started treatment with it. I have sent her results of all
dipsticks I have done w the exception of todays. (I will be talking to her tomorrow)

The results were consist up until TX w Veraflox began. I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same results using this drug, hence my post.

Before TX
Leukocytes +
Nitrite Neg
Uro N
Protein ++++
pH 7.0
Blood +
SpecGrav 1.020
Ketone +
Bili +
Glucose Neg

Since starting TX
Leukocytes +
Nitrite Neg
Uro N
Protein ++
pH 8.0
Blood +
SpecGrav 1.0
Ketone +
Bili +
Glucose Neg

I have her isolated in my “cat room” to monitor urine output, food, water intake, and to keep her comfortable away from my other kitties. I have Nosorb in her litter box, and a camera monitor to keep an eye on her.

There has been blood in her urine, although it is more of a cloudy yellow tonight w no sign of blood.

Any advice appreciated as clearly I’m at a disadvantage of her Vet being out of the office and how long it is until I can get her in w another Vet. TIA

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have they done urine cultures along with the urinalyses? Sometimes, the culture will identify what kinds of antibiotics are best suited for the specific bacteria involved.

I am not sure what "TX" is - but wondering if it is impacting her PH value (too high on last reading above) and her SpecGrav (too low).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No cultures as she is injured and out of the office. TX is abbreviation for treatment, sorry.

After talking today, she is calling in Azithromycin in the morning and discontinuing the Veraflox.