5 week old kitten-HELP!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone

Sorry I have'nt been on in a while- been very busy lately

Anyway....
So my boss comes in yesterday with a tiny skinny little black kitten. She said there are a bunch of strays around and one recently had kittens. She had been feeding the cats and decided to snatch the kitten monday night while it was feeding. He is sooo tiny! I took him to the vet he estimates he is about 5 weeks old. He has a cold but was negative for feline luecemia ( sorry I can't spell) so I have claimed him
he is on antibiotics, he eats well and drinks water but I am just clueless when it comes to kittens
he is going potty on his own but the stools are runny probably from switching foods so abrubtly--- but any advice and wisdom you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 5 weeks, its mostly about getting nutrition in the little guy that he is lacking at this point. Then playing and learing to be a cat. But if he has been with other cats up to this point things should go well. I have 4 that I've raised since 3 weeks old. Right now its still about eating and mostly about learing right from wrong. They see me 100% as momma kitty.

Good luck and thanks for doing a great thing!

Leslie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you

For being a wild cat he is very friendly. He loves the dogs, they are terrified of him though
Murphy is keeping his distance which is good until Charlie gets over his cold