5 months old teething or sick ?

Junkkk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I really need help for now. My kitten has been making strange and clicking, chattering noise after he eat and while he is eating, can’t meow. I gave him wet food, dry food and milk, he doesn’t want to eat and eat less, really hart to bite. I checked his gums but no swelling or redness. Doesn’t want to play or bite, just want to sleep and sometimes when he woke up he walked around the house like 5-10m and then go back to sleep. It been for a week but I am still not see any teeth fall out.
Is my kitten sick or teething?

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes clicking or grinding sounds while eating can mean the cat is nauseous. If he’s not eating you should take him to the vet!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am not sure that this sounds like teething. In all my years of kittens, I have never had one negative experience with the teething time of their life. In fact, it more or less passes unnoticed. Can you call your vet?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sometimes clicking or grinding sounds while eating can mean the cat is nauseous. If he’s not eating you should take him to the vet!
Agreed. While kittens are teething, they aren't typically lethargic and still bounce off the walls playing. A vet visit is definitely in order.