5 months ginger kitten - very big ears?!

kaytea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all!
I was wondering if anyone has any idea what breed or type my kittens father could have been.
His mother was a domestic long hair and she was quite a small cat. Obi just turned 5 months and he weighs around 7 pounds.
To me he looks like he has huge ears! He is also very sweet and makes lots of different sounds which we call chirping and burping! If i call his name he comes running over with a Brrrrrrp?
He also loves water which i find odd. He likes to lay in sinks and play in the wet shower after i have been in it!
I hope you like his photos :)
Thanks for reading!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Impossible to say what his father could have been. I found out recently that almost all gingers are male & that most gingers are striped since the chromosome for ginger & striped is the same one.

As to the noise he makes, it is called "chirping". It's a lovely sound & shows how happy your cat is.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Obi is a stunner.  I love love love his coat.  Beautiful.

My guy Simon in my avatar had big ears, huge feet and tail, then eventually grew into them.

My experience has been, if the ears and feet are big, the cat will have a long body.  Simon loved water and was fascinated with it.  He looks like he'll be a jumper.

Could he have a bit of bengal?  Just guessing. LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaytea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh ok that's interesting because 2 of my friends have ginger cats and they are both female! One is ginger/white and one is pure ginger maine coon mix :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaytea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe he will grow into his ears :) your cats are all lovely too!!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't offer an opinion as to breed but I can state a fact about Obi and that is: he is just darling [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️
From his photos he looks like a very happy, mischevious little man....just so adorable!!! Thank you for sharing him with us!

zoop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Impossible to say what his father could have been. I found out recently that almost all gingers are male & that most gingers are striped since the chromosome for ginger & striped is the same one.

As to the noise he makes, it is called "chirping". It's a lovely sound & shows how happy your cat is.
My Silver Tabby female Kitten chirps a lot during play with my other cat and on the cat tree. I thought it was the sound of being frustrated when the Play or Prey doesn't go her way.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when cats chirp. I don't think any of our current ones do. When they get excited & loving with their person they like to chirp.