5 Month Old Kitten Frequently Throwing Up After Eating

maria_c5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, on monday september 17th i took my kitten Luna to the vet for her recurring diarrhea. She said her kitten food may have been too rich and recommended we switch her onto Royal Canin Kitten Food. With the purina forti flora added into her new food she stopped having diarrhea! I took a week to transition her onto the new food and 3-5 days after she began to throw up after eating. It was only once a day and she had done this before twice on her old food. We didn’t think much of it as she likes to eat fast but it is currently october 7th and she is still throwing up. It hasn’t been day after day for the whole period of time but she has thrown up twice in one day a few times. We have tried splitting up her food in smaller portions but this is not realistic as we are at school/work from 7:30-4 during the week and no one is home to refill her bowl after she eats the small portions. Besides, even if we do split up her food into smaller portions she still sometimes throws up after eating. Her diarrhea has also returned yesterday :( Despite this, she is still a very fun and active kitten, not lethargic or aggressive in any way. I made an appt. with the vet for this wednesday but i was wondering if any of you have dealt with this problem before, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try eliminating that and see if it helps...
Also, maybe try adding a teaspoon of plain unseasoned pumpkin.
Some unseasoned boiled chicken and white rice could help her tummy, for a meal or two.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maria_c5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try eliminating that and see if it helps...
Also, maybe try adding a teaspoon of plain unseasoned pumpkin.
Some unseasoned boiled chicken and white rice could help her tummy, for a meal or two.
unfortunately it is dry food so we cannot add pumpkin but when we were dealing with diarrhea before the pumpkin in the wet food did not seem to help:( i will try stopping the fortiflora and perhaps if she throws up tonight i will feed her chicken/rice tommorrow, thank you:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maria_c5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey guys!! so we took her to the vet yesterday (we kept postponing the appt because she would stop throwing up only to throw up again) She gave us liquid antivomiting medicine and a antacid pill for Luna. She said that she was a perfect weight beautiful fur beautiful teeth and she didn’t know why she was vomiting so she decided to treat the symptoms. Luna hasn’t thrown up yet so i guess that’s good news! We may switch her food as we don’t believe the royal canin is the best but for now she is good:)