4th of July - anxiety ease products?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are always petrified and running around every 4th of july. I dread this day all year. I try putting the TV high, and tried a sound device that does white noise/rain etc. Nothing works, they are just in a panic all night long.

Are there any safe products that will calm them? i dont want anything that could potentially have a bad side effect. :( with everything going on, i dont want to have to take them to a vets office unnecessarily.

I tried a calming spray once to take her to the vet and it did nothing. I cant remember the brand/product name. I remember spraying it on her carrier, and sprayed it in the air as we drove to the vet, and she was still panting and freaking out.

Is there anything that can calm a cat safely?

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Feliway is a popular one, it’s a pheromone spray that’s supposed to help calm cats. That might be what you used? Don’t waste your money on rescue remedy or homeopet “fireworks” supplements, they’re just extremely diluted flower water. One of the best things you could do at home for them is probably to give them a safe hiding space away from windows, with a bed or blankets or something comforting like that nearby.

If they get extremely worked up for a long period of time it might be worth talking to your vet about.