4 year old play?

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We adopted Suki a couple of months ago. I have tried making some homemade toys but the only toy she is interested in is the flirt pole. Is she too old for play time?
J

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We adopted Suki a couple of months ago. I have tried making some homemade toys but the only toy she is interested in is the flirt pole. Is she too old for play time?
J
Certain cats are attracted to certain toys. When I rescued my boy at 3 weeks old, I started to buy lots of toys for him to play with but he wasn't really interested in many of them and thus those toys were not being used at all. He only like to play with the ball, some feathers from the cat wand band one or two homemade toys.

Suki is 4 years old and my boy is coming to 5 years old and he still plays like a kid sometimes. Since you've just adopted Suki and we thank you for that, give her a little more time to settle in. She is not too old to play but maybe it could be her personality. Just give her time and find out which toy she likes most and play with her using that toy.

My boy has been playing with his favorite ball since he came home to us till now. It's just a dollar ball and it lasted till now.

Here's an article for you to read :- how-to-choose-the-best-toy-for-your-cat

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not too old at all! Hekitty turned 12 this year, and although she doesn't play for long stretches, she's still demanding that I pull out Da Bird for her at least twice a day for short play times. And she's fascinated with Jackson Galaxy's Butterfly Ball, AND Cat Love's Woodland Mousehunt. It's a matter of figuring out exactly what will trip your cat's trigger!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your replies! I am watching Jackson Galaxy youtubes to learn more. Cats are certainly NOT like dogs:)
j

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, no, not in the least. It can be a bit of a culture shock, if you are used to dogs!

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Isabel is 16, Sammy is 6 --they both still play! I don't think cats ever get to old for play! lol