4 weeks old kitten! (HELP)

ritagbap

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
4 weeks ago one of my grandma’s cats had a kitten (only one) but a couple of days later she just abandoned and stopped feeding her (the kitten is a girl) completely. After trying out best to get her interested in her baby again we decided to step in and start feeding her with kitten formula and we re doing everything by the book and she seems to be doing very well (she’s starting to play and develop a personality, weights 370g, seems overall happy). The thing is that 4 days ago it was the last time she pooped and Im kinda concerned. She used to do it once a day or once every 2 days (she’s never been this long without pooping). Ive been patient and tried to take more time to stimulate her but she doesnt seem interested in doing it.
Is this normal? Do cats start pooping less when they re older? Help please. Other than this she seems to be thriving and doesnt seem affected by not pooping (she’s playful and happy).
Thank you for your attention!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittens should poop more than once a day. If it has been 4 days, she needs to see a vet. ASAP She is constipated and something like this in a kitten is serious.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, she's constipated. And you'll need to deal with it. Normal, I'd suggest a tiny bit of pumpkin in her food, but we're having a national pumpkin shortage (yes, REALLY!). Plan B...add a drop or to of olive oil to her formula. However, after four days, you should see a vet now. Keep the olive oil trick on file for future upsets, though.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also research The Kitten Lady on matters like this on the internet and she may be able to help. She has MANY videos. Get an infant suppository and shave off a tiny sliver. Insert it into the rectum and see if she goes. it helps to be refrigerated so it is firm. Other than that get the poor little one to a vet for an enema. She needs to get cleaned out. At 4 week she may start going in a litterbox, or elsewhere, make sure she doesn't have a place she is going. She will start lapping water/formula in a bowl too, put a tiny drop on the end of your finger and put it on her lips so she licks it, guide your finger to the bowl if she is interested. I'm sure she needs more water too. all the luck and keep us posted!