4 Week Old Kitty With Fleas

kittylover18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my kitty six days ago and she just turned four weeks old yesterday and found out she had fleas. she doesn't have alot but she has some I showered her today and all the fleas went running to her head and face area. I know Kitty's can't use flea drops less than 8 weeks so what can I use to get rid of them? I'm trying to take them off asap I don't want a house infested with fleas

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Post #4 in this thread has information on bathing a cat with fleas. @catwoman707 says to make a "soap ring" far up on the kitten's neck so the fleas don't keep running to the head during the bath.

Capstar is a pill safe for kittens that will kill all the adult fleas on the cat fairly quickly. I believe you can spot with Revolution after that to kill the other flea life cycles. We spotted with Revolution for 2-3 months just to be sure we didn't have a problem with our other cats.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Advantage II is also safe for young kittens if they are not with their mom (because the mama cats will lick it off them.) Most important is t get yourself a flea comb and make "flea soup" by combing off any live fleas and knocking them off the flea comb and into water with a little dish liquid in it (to break the surface tension so the fleas will sink and drown).