4 Week Old Foster Kitten

BiBiJayde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so I had a litter of 4 4 week olds and mum come into my care Saturday night. Mum hasn’t been feeding and ended up with mastitis so babies are bottle fed now and starting solids. Everyone has been great we’re vet checked nothing wrong ect

Tonight one of the kittens has gone down hill and fast. I went to feed them she was acting funny when I picked her up she was floppy but jerky. When on the ground she walks funny it’s hard to explain but it’s not right. Falls asleep anywhere at any time and keeps running into everything. We went to the emergency vet he gave her an antibiotic shot, her temp is 35.3 degrees and said the chances are not good. I just need her to pull through the night till I can get her into the normal vet issue is I can’t get her to take anything KMR, food, goats milk. Does anyone have any suggestions or words of wisdom?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BiBiJayde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to add she is wrapped up like a burrito with a heating pad around the blanket to keep her warm.

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness.. I'm so sorry to hear about that poor baby, I don't know what to tell u To do, you are doing everything I would be doing.I would also be keeping the other babies separate from the sick one in case it's contagious, so they stay healthy... I pray for u and that little.one, I hope someone has some better advice to give.. thank u for taking care of those babies and mom!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How sad. Her internal organs may be shutting down. How is her breathing?

Is the mama cat on antibiotics for the mastitis? Is she improving?