4 month old kitten pregnant???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly idk, the vet we saw was training and it was free, so when she goes for shots I’ll ask about pregnancy and if she is pregnant they will tell me what to do, her belly is growing and her nipples. I read a lot about how getting pregnant this age is not healthy for her so depending on how far along she is I’m thinking about spaying her. I’m calling her vet tomorrow to talk about it.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
While a female cat can get pregnant at four months of age- I have literally never heard of a male cat fathering kittens at that age. Could your female be older than what you think and could she have been around an unfixed male before she came to you?

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, I think he is older just small for his age. She started bleeding today she’s at the Er right now being observed. So far they found kittens just 2 they don’t think she’ll go all the way with them. She was around another male cat my moms I just didn’t think they were alone together. And that was a month ago. At thanksgiving. She’s fine and other then bleeding they say she’s healthy. They weren’t sure exactly why she was bleeding. It wasn’t a lot but enough to scare me.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She was around another male cat my moms I just didn’t think they were alone together. And that was a month ago.
Ah, that may have been it. It only takes a moment, they may have mated without anyone noticing. I hope everything goes OK at the ER vet.

Please keep us posted.

Sending her vibes, I hope she's home with you again soon.

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, yeah, I think everybody here is a bit older than we thought! I know you said she was 2-3 weeks old when you found her, how long ago was that?

If the vet can find the kittens, she's at least a month along, and since you only found the male kitten 2 weeks ago they must be your mom's cat's offspring (is there a reason he isn't neutered?). Cat mating is very quick, only takes a few seconds, so I'm sure they found time to get it on even if nobody noticed.

If possible, have your male cat neutered right now (tell the vet he's 6 months old if you have to) so that by the time she gives birth or miscarries or however this pregnancy ends, he won't be able to impregnate her.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they called me either the bleeding stop I can pick her up before midnight, but she needs a lot of rest. My moms cat isn’t neutered for an health reason I do t remember but he can’t go under. They tired it when he was younger and we almost lost him but he is almost 5/6 years old. And I thought she couldn’t get pregnant this young. She is very loving and stays with me most of the unless you play. But I’m calling the vet Monday to make an appointment for my male. It’s cheaper to get him neutered right now.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah, that may have been it. It only takes a moment, they may have mated without anyone noticing. I hope everything goes OK at the ER vet.

Please keep us posted.

Sending her vibes, I hope she's home with you again soon.

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
I get to pick her up now, my bf is doing it. Her bleeding stop and they said everything looks okay now, she may have lost a baby, they were waiting for her to pass it, but she was stressing out crying and wouldn’t lay down, so they wanted to see if she relax at home I can bring her back if she starts to bleed again the vet said they don’t think they have to terminate the pregnancy

Vanessapinay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My female black/orange.
My male is grey last week.
She meows so much more now.
Those two cats are brother and sister.. I think your mother gave them to you. migo and mama were about 6 months old at the time.. they’re a bonded pair they both have had their necessary shots for their age so I would not recommend allowing them to reproduce, or doubling up on shots it could cause issues. I’m so glad they are doing good and happy ☺ Good luck ! ❤

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! This is an older thread and the OP has not been back in quite a while, so please don't feel slighted if you do not get a response.