4 6week Old Kittens In Air Duct Urgent*

Inconsistency

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My younger cat had her kittens six weeks ago under the house we used to live in then we moved to the house next door and she decided to put her kittens in the air vent under our new house with her or possibly just under the house I can't call the AC guy because he and the land lord doesn't know we have cats because the pet deposit is tremendously high I would get under are house if there wasn't so many black widows so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I should do there about 6 weeks to basically a month old right now we never here them meowing but I know they're alive because my cat keeps going under house and we can hear her moving around in the air vents does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do I put food out for my cat daily and she eats a lot I just don't know how to fish out the kittens... Please help me Im scared they might die in there being that I know they're going to start need actual food soon

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's tame she should start bringing them to the food source soon. All you can do is be patient. And be ready to block off the holes as soon as she gets them out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Inconsistency

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she's tame she should start bringing them to the food source soon. All you can do is be patient. And be ready to block off the holes as soon as she gets them out!
We've had her since she was a kitten Shes very tame she's just young I feel she may just be a little confused I plan on bringing them and her directly inside as soon as they appear I'm hoping shell bring them to me but my family can be a little rowdy so I hope that won't keep her from doing so

Inconsistency

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've had her since she was a kitten Shes very tame she's just young I feel she may just be a little confused I plan on bringing them and her directly inside as soon as they appear I'm hoping shell bring them to me but my family can be a little rowdy so I hope that won't keep her from doing so

Inconsistency

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with Willowy. Mama kitty will bring them out soon for food. :)
I'm hoping because she doesn't look like she plans on bringing them out anytime soon and mom says she looks dried up and if she doesn't bring them out I can't make a fuss over it

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Is there any way you can get hold of protective clothing so you can get under there? I did a brief search on Google and came up with this disposable outfit that only costs $10.00. To protect your head and face, you could try a bee keeper's hat and veil at $8.99. Any pair of gloves that covers your hands would complete the protection.

I know the kittens are still quite young but if they are still under the house when they really start moving around, you might try shining a flashlight into the air vent. I've used this technique to bring a parakeet out to safety when she got lost in the duct work.

Inconsistency

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Inconsistency Inconsistency

Can you find a local handyman who would be willing to go under the house with a flashlight and possibly rescue the kittens?
Update I found the kittens there's three that I've seen so far and there all in very good health they're in a pretty difficult spot to get to they aren't in the air vent but in insulation spot between house floor and air vent but me and my mom are going to work on getting them out we can just reach in she's seen that we've seen them and tried to get them and she hasn't moved them from the spot so it seems she's fine with it. Thanks for all your help!

Inconsistency

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let us know when you get them out. We'd love to see a picture!

Thanks for the update! :)
Here they are meowth and luxray we gave them names there only ended up being two I thought there were three but I guess I was mistaken I'm keeping an ear open and a look out just encase sorry I couldmt get a better picture there still a bit skittish but it's only been a day plot twist they actually wondered out behind momma today so I snatched them up and brought them inside now there in a safe place it's driving momma cat crazy though because she's usually an outside cat but she's dealing with it fine just won't be quiet lol if you have any info on how to feed the kittens I'm up for replies! Thank you

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How sweet! Thank goodness mom brought them out. Yes, do listen out for a third.

It's good that you are keeping them all inside now.

The kittens will need soft wet cat food and kitten chow, in addition to nursing mom. See if they will lick the food from a plate, or from your finger. :)

Inconsistency

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How sweet! Thank goodness mom brought them out. Yes, do listen out for a third.

It's good that you are keeping them all inside now.

The kittens will need soft wet cat food and kitten chow, in addition to nursing mom. See if they will lick the food from a plate, or from your finger. :)
I will do that thank you! I found the third I guess she was asleep but I let my begging cat outside and she went under and came back out now there's three she's fine they all are fine now I am having a problem with my momma cat trying to eat the food I leave out for them I feed her well but I guess she's a hungry little bugger no big deal I'll just let her out and watch and try and feed them then :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good the third kitten is out now too!

Nursing stray moms can be super hungry. Are the kittens eating well?

Would you like help finding a low-cost clinic to get mom spayed? She will get pregnant again soon otherwise, which is not healthy for her. Give your city and state and I'll look for you. :)

Inconsistency

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good the third kitten is out now too!

Nursing stray moms can be super hungry. Are the kittens eating well?

Would you like help finding a low-cost clinic to get mom spayed? She will get pregnant again soon otherwise, which is not healthy for her. Give your city and state and I'll look for you. :)
We know of a places in the area that spays cats and dogs so we're fine thank you and theyre income based so we've gotten are dog fixed there as well so it's safe I plan on keeping a kitten but he's a male and I'm afraid hell spray everywhere this is the reason we never keep male cats do you think he'll constantly spray and will it help if I get him spayed if he does? He seems pretty laid back he's a little shy but he's a good kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you get him neutered at about 3-4 months old he should never spray.

What will you do with the mom and other kittens?