4.5 month kitten peeing on floor...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! So he used the litter box overnight with no accidents. We’ll see how the rest of the day goes. 🤞

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So latest update - peed and pooped in the box overnight - no accidents all day yesterday - scooped the box this morning before work. Came home from work and peed in the box and on the floor kind of near the box (and he’s still locked away by himself). They’ve both been scheduled to get neutered next week in case that helps at all.

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm really reaching here, but does he like a somewhat dirty-ish litterbox?
I’m going to guess he prefers it clean? I think. I scoop it regularly and he’s gone two days with no problems then a day and a half with no problems. At one point weeks with no problems then peed on the floor multiple times a day. It does seem to be slowing down in consistency at this point at least. Last week it was 3+ times a day and at the moment we’re averaging once every two days or so. Is he just young and a slow learner?

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good for the past 8-10 days or so! And they got neutered a few days ago too with no issues still. I had them separated for about a week after the suggestion but they’ve been back together for a few days now. So hoping we stay good! But he was good for 3+ weeks after the first time he did it so keeping my fingers crossed.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for the past 8-10 days or so! And they got neutered a few days ago too with no issues still. I had them separated for about a week after the suggestion but they’ve been back together for a few days now. So hoping we stay good! But he was good for 3+ weeks after the first time he did it so keeping my fingers crossed.
That's so good to hear and sounds very promising. I hope it keeps up!

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe I’m cursed 😩. Literally had no issues. Just now, he walks into kitchen where I am and he pees all over the floor then starts scratching the floor.