3rd Degree AV Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mr. Squiggles went to the emergency vet for neurological problems today, and was transferred to the local university veterinary school emergency clinic. He is undergoing basic tests tonight and is staying until tomorrow morning to see the neurologic department right away. His blood work and abdominal xrays all looked fine, but an ECG showed that he has a 3rd degree AV block sort of arrhythmia. Does anyone have personal experience with this? The cardiology department thinks it is completely unrelated to his other problems.

We will hopefully know more tomorrow about his neurological problems after his MRI and spinal tap.

Here he is, looking all cute and handsome.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Just writing to say I hope you get the best news possible from the tests.  
  I don't have any experience with a 3rd Degree AV Block myself - just sending good wishes.  
  Please let us know what you find out.  

Mr. Squiggles really is a handsome guy - that's a very sweet photo.  [emoji]128154[/emoji]

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@CinqChats...hoping for the best for your Mr. Squiggles. I'm glad he is in good hands. Sending mega vibes for him and you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to say that Mr Squiggles' heart was in too bad a shape for us to do any more diagnostics. His sudden neurological illness will remain a mystery. Some of the possibilities the vet had considered included things like meningitis, brain cancer, and a massive blood clot. He is no longer suffering and distressed, I let him go in my arms this afternoon. 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Maybe it was a blessing you found out this way, and not in a way that would have caused him a lot of pain and you a lot of distress. Still, I'm sorry you lost him. Hugs. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, gosh, @CinqChats...I am so truly sorry, for your loss.

The photo of Mr. Squiggles did show how truly handsome and cute he is...especially with that white fang showing.

May you 'Run like the Wind'...Mr.Squiggles, with no pain, illnesses, or any other problems.

Again, I know you did the hardest but only thing for Mr. Squiggles, in taking away his suffering.

Wishing you peace and strength, now. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Such sad news.  The TCS Team offers our condolences.  We'll lock the thread now out of respect for your loss.  We invite you to post a tribute to your little guy in the Crossing the Bridge forum.  

Status
Not open for further replies.