3 month old siamese boy with round tummy

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My fiance just bought me Sheamus a 3 month old Siamese male kitten yesterday and he is just the cutest little fella but his tummy is a bit on the big side and I do not see any signs of worms in his poo or anything. now I have had lots of cats and kittens even wild kittens and they have never had tummy's a full looking as his. But as I said before I don't see any signs of worms is this normal? and I'm feeding him the recommended amount of food give or take a few pieces of kibble.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site.
Where exactly did your fiance bring your adorable kitten from? A breeder? Rescue group?
Depending on where he originated from (rescued from the streets), it is almost a 'given' that he has worms.
Hard to say if a big tummy is normal (does it get bigger after he eats?) or due to worms. Has he been to the vets yet?
(If Sheamus starts to act lethargic, then definitely vet time.)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'd definitely recommend a trip to the vet. A swollen tummy can be an indicator of more serious health problems so it's best to get this checked out.

If it is worms the vet will be able to treat him for this. Smaller kittens sometimes need to have the correct amount of worming medicine measured out for them, rather than using a whole vial of medicine in one go, so it's better to let the vet treat him for this rather than using something you buy over the counter.

Good luck, hope it's nothing too serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to make a appointment with vets4pets as I have heard good things about them. but either their lines are always busy or my phone is well rubbish. I have tried calling a vet close to me but when I ask for prices of jabs visit fee worming etc they wont tell me over the phone and I find that a big no no. Sheamus's tummy really gets big after eating and he seems to want food quite often so I give him a little more food ( I was taught and had personal experience that if a cat acted hungry then it was) and once he is done he looks a little pregnant lol. And we bought him from a small breeder who decided that time was up to stop breeding as she did not like having to sell the kittens (can't blame her) and he husband had just started his own small business so they were not going to be breeding any more and my poor Sheamus was a oopsie. From what I get is she had a intact young siamese tom and someone left the door open when her older female cat was in heat and well ya you get the idea and these things happen from time to time. he has no discharge around the eyes or nose or any place else for that matter and he is tearing around the living room like a well siamese on cat nip.

pyro burning

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope it's nothing serious (: A very handsome kitten you both have!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope it's nothing serious (: A very handsome kitten you both have!
thank you I dont think it is serious well I hope not anyway. the only thing serious atm with him is my fiance hates the name we originally called him fidget but when you would call him by that name he walked the other way and I ended up talking about the WWE wrestler Sheamus to a friend and everytime I said sheamus he would meow pur and try and jump up on the sofa so lol. that and my cat likes my laptop he keeps trying to lay on the key board.

pyro burning

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha that's adorable! I like his name (:
He now claims the keyboard! Lol