3 Day Old Kitten Care Help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessteroni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No redness or anything else around it! I’m sure it’ll fall off soon, it seems to be barely hanging on there.

His eyes are still shut fully, I can’t wait for him to open them :)

Crazy how much he’s grown in just a week

Attachments

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, what an adorable chunk!! I wait until the umbilical cord falls off. If it gets bright red, infected looking, my vet will recommend an OTC antibiotic ointment - only with my preemie kitten has she prescribed Biomox plus additional probiotic support (Fortiflora or Biomox).

jessteroni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Nugget hasn’t pooped in just over 48 hours. What can I do to help him poop? I’ve tried warm damp cottenballs but nothing.

jessteroni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He’s absolutely adorable! Are you still using the olive oil?

Yes I added some to his Bottle 2 days ago and his bottle yesterday night. I’ve tried setting him in a sink with warm water, running warm water over his butt while stimulating and nothing.

I’ve called 3 vets now and they all recommend me bringing him in, but none of them are taking new clients due to Covid. I’m at a loss right now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to put oil in each feeding on a consistent basis. He doesn’t need a vet. Buy a jar of infant glycerin suppositories in the baby aisle, shave off a tiny, kitten-sized piece with a point on it, and insert. It’s harmless, and usually helps to bring on a poop within a half hour.

jessteroni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nugget is great! Got him to poop without using anything except warm water back on Friday and he’s been doing good with every bowl movement since then.

As of two days ago he was 12.5 oz and his eyes are almost completely open. He’s starting to get a lot better at walking as well.