3 Cats Are Company

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! I'm a "first-time" cat owner. My boyfriend had two cats when I moved in, and we just adopted a third cat last November (kind of by accident).

The Players:
Randall - The Boyfriend
Trin (aka Trinity) - male 10-year old Tabby, declawed, neutered. He's a big 14.5lb fluffy pillow with a penchant for bed cuddles, chicken and string toys. He likes to love-bite when he's super happy. He's a bit neurotic, and will yowl with his "comfort mouse" in his mouth if he's lonely. He also likes to walk while pooping, and live a little trail from the litterbox (thanks, Trin ...)

Trin.JPG

Gohan - male 6.5-year old grey and white short-hair, neutered. He's the sniper, likes to watch and wait before striking precisely. Adopted as a feral kitten and bonded permanently to Randall. He prowls and knows every inch of the house. He likes asparagus, smelling coffee and pretending to be King Kong climbing up his cat furniture. Very vocal, walks around with felt rattle-mice and drops them at Randall's feet.

Gohan.JPG

Olive - female 2 or 3 year old tortoiseshell, our new kitty in the mix, abandoned by a neighbor. She is a sweet little lap cat that just wants love and affection, and is adapting to indoor life quite well. But don't let that fool you, she is also a playful little killer that likes to disembowel the ribbons from her bird toy. She is particularly adept at leading humans around to do her bidding.

Olive(outside).JPG

I'm sure I will have some questions on cat integration. I'm also switching everyone over to wet food, and I've been doing a lot of research on brands and ingredients (too much research really. spreadsheets of research lol.) Olive is a glutton so she is on wet already, and we just found a brand that may be acceptable to transition the boys. Cats are complicated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I think I’ve actually read that one, along with some others. We separated her in our basement (it has windows so it’s not a full basement) and we did scent swapping and followed the guide. Right now Gohan is territorial and chases her away from the upstairs areas, but that is (agonizingly slowly) getting better. He doesn’t like dry treats, he can’t be distracted from her with toys, and showering attention and pets actually seems to give him permission to chase. What has worked is wet treat feeding of Applaws and verbal interaction to distract him (calling his name over and over and focusing on him). I think it’s getting better but we are moving into month 5 of integration now.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Olive has been a saint this whole time ... she’s not aggressive, but doesn’t hide and still sticks up for herself. She loves almost any food or treat you give her and is obsessed with playing. It was almost too easy to get her to enjoy the indoors. She also wants to cuddle so badly she tends to sit on my face and groom me. One thing she isn’t a fan of is licking long hair lol.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
12F1785D-7023-4617-929B-E8B5509B0E2C.gif
Karen, Randall, Trinity, Gohan and Olive, from all of us 229E8D14-42C8-4810-A531-C3383E186A43.jpeg here in DFEFF41E-051B-4197-9F45-BA30A86B052E.png a warm 116FE719-04A9-4181-9B59-3FCF2D3C28E0.gif

Glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat where you’ll find friendly and helpful cats and many of our them are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Your kitties are lovely. Do post more photos of them and there’s a fun forum here where you can showcase what your kitties are up to Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:hellosmiley: That is quite a cast of characters. :) As you’re finding out, integration can take a long time but it sounds like things are going well enough. Welcome to TCS!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: Glad you joined the forum with your lovely trio. :greenpaw::bluepaw::greenpaw: The pics of Trin, Gohan and Olive are great. You may be interested in posting more pics here: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Randall is actually the boyfriend, Trin is the tabby . I didn’t include a picture of him but he’s not bad. I realize the words kind of blend together in my post.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to the entire clowder, those with four feet AND those with two!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks! Randall is actually the boyfriend, Trin is the tabby . I didn’t include a picture of him but he’s not bad. I realize the words kind of blend together in my post.
Oops.:oops: Must learn to read more carefully. ;)

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:To the site KarenKat. You have a lovely bunch. Do let us know how you are getting on with the three of them. I look forward to new photos.