2018 Black Friday Sales

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:fuming:
I found out that you can buy Petsmart items online and choose store pickup, and then you can go get it later after the crowds have left. So that's probably what I'll do with the litter sale. Maybe some canned Friskies too. I've always gone to the city after work and picked up the leftovers, but this way I won't have to worry about them running out. I have to figure out how many buckets I can fit in the van. . .:D

Other than that, no, I don't do Black Friday sales. Ugh, crowds.
I did the buy online pick up in store thing for Petsmart last year. It was an epic fail. I put my order in really early. They were supposed to have it ready within 2 hours. They never pulled the order then it sold out and they cancelled my order.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 That happened to me, too. I did an online order for cat litter to be picked up in the store; it was the same price as the Black Friday sale. I ordered 14 buckets. We still went to the store on BF and bought several buckets and we were glad we did because they cancelled my order, too.

About a month or so later, they did send me another email and I got another 14 buckets at the BF sale price, so it wasn't too bad. But still, we were frustrated at BF because we go through litter like crazy.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, so they might have caught on to that. Hmph. Well I'll give it a try and go up after work like I always do. If the order goes through I'll pick it up and if it gets cancelled I'll just rummage through the leftovers like usual.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't do Black Friday, it has been years since I even tried to do it. I don't have the patience for the crowds and the traffic. I watched an episode of Extreme Couponing where they went out on Black Friday with coupons and it was beyond ridiculous.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have any good stores up here. No Target, Costco, Petsmart or any of that. By the time I pay for gas and the 4 hour drive, one way, to go to the valley, I might as well pay full price. We only have Walmart. Ordering online is not an option unless it's small enough for the PO. (UPS doesn't acknowledge my address).

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see that Petsmart has raised the price of Tidy Cats litter for BF this year.:( This year $9.99. Last year $8.99. A few years ago it was $7.99.
I'm not sure it is worth all the hassle to stock up on litter when the savings are so small. Really disappointed.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see that Petsmart has raised the price of Tidy Cats litter for BF this year.:( This year $9.99. Last year $8.99. A few years ago it was $7.99.
I'm not sure it is worth all the hassle to stock up on litter when the savings are so small. Really disappointed.
I was going to say the same. It's not really a great deal anymore.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I see that you can order the Tidy Cat online Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) and pick it up in store on Friday. We'll probably do that. I'll order 15 pails. (And hope that they don't cancel it again this year, like they did last year!) We'll buy about 100 cans or so of Friskies Buffet, too, but we can do that at the store. Right now our Giant has it on sale for 20 cans for $9, which is still .45 a can. So .41 isn't bad. A bargain is a bargain, even if it's not a great bargain, it's still worth stocking up a bit.

Around here, the $9.99 price is still a fairly good deal. We pay close to $14 for a 35-pound pail, so it's still worth it. We'll buy about 100 cans or so of Friskies Buffet, too.

Petsmart is not opening until 8:00 on BF.

I work Cyber Monday, so am kinda screwed there.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's still a pretty good deal. That size bucket is normally about $13-something at Walmart and $16.99 at Petsmart. Even saving $3.00 a bucket is pretty good. Although maybe not good enough to stand in line for ;).

Friskies is about 41 or 42 cents a can when you get the big box at Costco. So I don't think that's a huge deal. But I'll probably pick up a few cases of flavors that don't come in the multi-packs.

I'm tempted by that aquarium. But I'm not ready to set ip a large aquarium. . .ugh temptations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to have to go to the pet store on Black Friday to get some critter bedding that's BOGO. I am not going to Petco:headshake: I bought bedding from Petco last Black Friday, BOGO as well, and the bag I opened and used was contaminated with mites :angrywoman: The mice had no issues at all until I cleaned out their box and used one of the new bags of bedding. They needed multiple visits to the vet for treatment. I got rid of both bags.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I started shopping yesterday. I bought a few things from Amazon, including a travel mug that was a little over 50% off that I had been eyeing for awhile. I was going to include a gift magazine subscription but Amazon wouldn't let me put in the recipient's address even if I placed a separate order for it :headscratch: I ended up doing the gift subscription from the magazine's web site. I might do a bit more Amazon shopping on Monday.

Tomorrow it's definitely a trip to Pets Supplies Plus for canned cat food and BOGO bedding. The local store is open normal hours.

Saturday is Small Business Saturday. I'll head into the next town for shopping. There's an artist co-op that always has good stuff. I think I'll end the day with an indulgent hot chocolate and cake :yummy:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday is Small Business Saturday. I'll head into the next town for shopping. There's an artist co-op that always has good stuff. I think I'll end the day with an indulgent hot chocolate and cake :yummy:
That sounds so good.....