Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

2018 Black Friday Sales

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by LTS3, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    :fuming:
    I did the buy online pick up in store thing for Petsmart last year. It was an epic fail. I put my order in really early. They were supposed to have it ready within 2 hours. They never pulled the order then it sold out and they cancelled my order.

2. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    @Kat0121 That happened to me, too. I did an online order for cat litter to be picked up in the store; it was the same price as the Black Friday sale. I ordered 14 buckets. We still went to the store on BF and bought several buckets and we were glad we did because they cancelled my order, too.

About a month or so later, they did send me another email and I got another 14 buckets at the BF sale price, so it wasn't too bad. But still, we were frustrated at BF because we go through litter like crazy.

3. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    Ah, so they might have caught on to that. Hmph. Well I'll give it a try and go up after work like I always do. If the order goes through I'll pick it up and if it gets cancelled I'll just rummage through the leftovers like usual.

4. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    I don't do Black Friday, it has been years since I even tried to do it. I don't have the patience for the crowds and the traffic. I watched an episode of Extreme Couponing where they went out on Black Friday with coupons and it was beyond ridiculous.

muffy purraised this.

5. LTS3

LTS3 Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 29, 2014
    USA

6. kashmir64

kashmir64 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 9, 2017
    Arizona
    We don't have any good stores up here. No Target, Costco, Petsmart or any of that. By the time I pay for gas and the 4 hour drive, one way, to go to the valley, I might as well pay full price. We only have Walmart. Ordering online is not an option unless it's small enough for the PO. (UPS doesn't acknowledge my address).

7. Rhall

Rhall TCS Member Kitten

Nov 4, 2018
    I do all my shopping from my computer! Looking for an air fryer this year!

8. LTS3

Aug 29, 2014
    USA

9. sabrinah

sabrinah TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jun 6, 2016
    California
    Does Chewy have Black Friday sales?

10. neely

neely TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    You couldn't pay me enough to go out on Black Friday. :nono:

muffy and blueyedgirl5946 purraised this.

11. weebeasties

weebeasties TCS Member Super Cat

Jul 14, 2016
    Florida
    I see that Petsmart has raised the price of Tidy Cats litter for BF this year.:( This year $9.99. Last year $8.99. A few years ago it was $7.99.
    I'm not sure it is worth all the hassle to stock up on litter when the savings are so small. Really disappointed.

Kat0121 purraised this.

12. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    I was going to say the same. It's not really a great deal anymore.

weebeasties purraised this.

13. LTS3

Aug 29, 2014
    USA

14. Winchester

Winchester TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    I see that you can order the Tidy Cat online Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) and pick it up in store on Friday. We'll probably do that. I'll order 15 pails. (And hope that they don't cancel it again this year, like they did last year!) We'll buy about 100 cans or so of Friskies Buffet, too, but we can do that at the store. Right now our Giant has it on sale for 20 cans for $9, which is still .45 a can. So .41 isn't bad. A bargain is a bargain, even if it's not a great bargain, it's still worth stocking up a bit.

Around here, the $9.99 price is still a fairly good deal. We pay close to $14 for a 35-pound pail, so it's still worth it. We'll buy about 100 cans or so of Friskies Buffet, too.

Petsmart is not opening until 8:00 on BF.

I work Cyber Monday, so am kinda screwed there.

weebeasties and micknsnicks2mom purraised this.

15. posiepurrs

posiepurrs TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 11, 2015
    Western Massachusetts, USA
    I do my shopping on line with the exception of stocking stuffers. I hate shopping so would REALLY have to find a deal to get me in a store Black Friday!

16. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    It's still a pretty good deal. That size bucket is normally about $13-something at Walmart and $16.99 at Petsmart. Even saving $3.00 a bucket is pretty good. Although maybe not good enough to stand in line for ;).

Friskies is about 41 or 42 cents a can when you get the big box at Costco. So I don't think that's a huge deal. But I'll probably pick up a few cases of flavors that don't come in the multi-packs.

I'm tempted by that aquarium. But I'm not ready to set ip a large aquarium. . .ugh temptations.

17. LTS3

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    I'm going to have to go to the pet store on Black Friday to get some critter bedding that's BOGO. I am not going to Petco:headshake: I bought bedding from Petco last Black Friday, BOGO as well, and the bag I opened and used was contaminated with mites :angrywoman: The mice had no issues at all until I cleaned out their box and used one of the new bags of bedding. They needed multiple visits to the vet for treatment. I got rid of both bags.