2017 Foster Kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know, right? I guess it's a foster fail because some shelters don't let you continue to foster if you adopt, since eventually you would just get too many pets!! :biggrin:

Today was a tough day because Zeke and Honor weighed enough to remain at the shelter. I miss my babies!!! I feel like I'm betraying them! Nostalgia also weighed enough but I didn't want Catalina to be alone, so the two came back for another week.

I hope the two boys find homes quickly! They are so sweet, but black cats go slower than other colors. Show you're sweet side and anyone will fall for you, buddies!

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sigh, the internet is being slow. Double post was an accident.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was lucky. I got to keep Sable until the new family had been contacted to pick her up. They couldn't get her right away so the shelter manager took her home for the night so she could drop her off and finish the paperwork at the new owners home. Sable never saw in inside of a shelter cage.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's awesome. Ours is a country shelter, so kittens tend to wait weeks or months before adoption. : (

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a small community where local businesses support the shelter. This makes it easier for the shelter to offer great prices on their animals. For cats: adult indoor is $10.00. The TNR cats are barn cats and are free. Kittens $20.00. All are fixed, vaccinated and microchipped. If it weren't for the local businesses, this couldn't be done.
And almost all, except the TNR cats are in foster in someones home.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That sounds so nice. Someday I'm hoping our Humane Society will get that much support. Are cats and kittens are $75 and we can't adopt out feral cats because there are just too many around for us to take in.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are No-kill though, so that makes me really happy. We have some shy kittens someone abandoned at the shelter and we are taking the time to tame them, despite their hissing and biting.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours is a no-kill that works with county animal control. We also have a Humane Society and I don't think they have the support the shelter does.
The animals picked up have to stay in the shelter for a certain number of days. But if they are seized or found the way mine were, they can go to fosters.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My baby Catalina has been adopted!!!!! I miss her but I'm happy too. I hope it is a wonderful home. I hope Zeke gets adopted quickly since he is sooo cute, and shy Honor and sweet and sensitive Nostalgia.