2013 Secret Santa received thread!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I really have have to try this!

Does anyone want some delicacy from the top of the world, in exchange for some of this?
Where do you live Pollyanna? I'm in Canada and might be able to ship you a few packages.  I have to go grocery shopping later today or tomorrow and go to the post office this week to pick up a couple parcels, so I could drop one off to be sent too.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you live Pollyanna? I'm in Canada and might be able to ship you a few packages.  I have to go grocery shopping later today or tomorrow and go to the post office this week to pick up a couple parcels, so I could drop one off to be sent too.
I live in Iceland. :)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Iceland.
 PM me your address. I've never shipped to Iceland, but I've shipped to Denmark before. I had a friend in Denmark that couldn't get Mountain Dew soda so I would ship him a couple cases a year, along with Beef Jerky which he also couldn't buy there, and real maple syrup.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l think this is a wonderful idea  

Maybe would could start up a thread where we could exchange items with other forumites for things we can't access in our own country.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

l think this is a wonderful idea  

Maybe would could start up a thread where we could exchange items with other forumites for things we can't access in our own country.
It would get costly!   When I was shipping cases of Mountain Dew, 2 cases of 12 cans, some beef jerky and a bottle of maple syrup would cost about $70 to ship.   Which is why I only shipped a few times per year.

Shipping things from Canada outside the country is expensive.  I recently sent a used camera to someone here and it cost me about $30. Now on the other hand when someone from Florida sent me that camera a couple years ago, it only cost them about $12 to send it to me.

I was going to send a souvenir spoon rack and  spoons to the USA too but couldn't because it was going to cost $48. 

Tim Tams are light, so I don't mind sending them to Iceland!  :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok!  Pics of all my goodies from Calico2222!!

Prepare for a photobomb... sorry!

I'm posting this because I want you all to know how incredibly STRONG that white tape was!  I had to SAW through it with a knife I keep for opening boxes!! 
Inspector Moochie got right on the job!

They took the job so serious!

And this is what happened when I tried to set them up for a nice picture!

Everything all toghether.  The blue stripped ones were for my kids.

Mooch approved of the stocking FULL of toys!

Isn't this cute!?  I fully expect my son to claim him!  He loves snuggly toys!!

There was a card explaining that she sent seeds from the marigiolds in her garden.  I love to plant marigolds among the veggies in my garden; I can't wait for spring!!!

Kitty callendar (would you believe I was looking at this one in the store but didn't get it?
2 great cookbooks! I fully expect my mother to borrow the dessert one on the left!

Cozy socks, Cocoanut-Lime scented bath stuff (it smells like being in the topics...), Chocolate Covered Raspberry Sticks (these are not lasting long...sooo good!) and 3 candy bars; which I have hidden!

Cute snowman mug (I love snowmen!) with several packets of hot chocolate (including my favorite raspberry hot chocolate that Walmart isn't carrying anymore!) and a few more candies!

A CAT apron!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to recall a past TCS SS post that indicated there is a place in the USA that sells delicacies from down under. Try your fave search engine.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Gorgeous necklace, earrings, and bracelet set. Cali was convinced they were more kitty toys, but every time I pointed my camera at her she scooted away, so I don't have any photographic evidence. (The ear in the picture belongs to Merlin)

I'm so glad you liked everything! Just have to point out that the bracelet is actually a hair tie as well. But, I use mine as both. It's perfect because when I have it on my wrist it looks like a bracelet instead of a plain, boring elastic, but when you put it in your hair it just adds a whole other level! 

I had lots of fun shopping for you and so glad you and the felines were happy! I LOVE all the pictures of them testing out the new toys! :D  
I see that now. It actually works better as a hair tie. :)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Inspector Moochie got right on the job!

They took the job so serious!

And this is what happened when I tried to set them up for a nice picture!

Everything all toghether.  The blue stripped ones were for my kids.

Mooch approved of the stocking FULL of toys!

Isn't this cute!?  I fully expect my son to claim him!  He loves snuggly toys!!

There was a card explaining that she sent seeds from the marigiolds in her garden.  I love to plant marigolds among the veggies in my garden; I can't wait for spring!!!

Kitty callendar (would you believe I was looking at this one in the store but didn't get it?
2 great cookbooks! I fully expect my mother to borrow the dessert one on the left!

Cozy socks, Cocoanut-Lime scented bath stuff (it smells like being in the topics...), Chocolate Covered Raspberry Sticks (these are not lasting long...sooo good!) and 3 candy bars; which I have hidden!

Cute snowman mug (I love snowmen!) with several packets of hot chocolate (including my favorite raspberry hot chocolate that Walmart isn't carrying anymore!) and a few more candies!

A CAT apron!!
Yay!  It arrived!!!  What a great package to receive! 

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great idea to send flower seeds from the garden 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far so good!  I put my snowman figurines up higher this year.  I think it's the ones that are closer in size to him that he is most scared of!  I'm looking around at all the ones I have up now.  He did get a stuffed snowman as a gift this year.  He hasn't acted scared of it; but he didn't go nuts for it like he does other stuffed toys!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dearest Secret Santa, 

It was only today that I managed to pick up the package you sent. 
It came all the way from ICELAND. 
Will post pictures of the goodies tomorrow. Thank you so very, very much!